Possible 1979 w30 purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I was going to cut the car up and despise of the body piece by piece, but this corona virus thing has NJ shutting down soon. I have to pay a guy to haul the carcass away tomorrow so I can free up my garage space for my Malibu. As bad as the car was, it still was painful to chop it up, but I did find rust everywhere.
Warning graphic pics.
Surprised you had to pay. Around here, I post "free scrap metal" and you get bombarded with guys looking for a chance to run by and grab it... and that was after metal dropped to 6/7 cents a pound.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Surprised you had to pay. Around here, I post "free scrap metal" and you get bombarded with guys looking for a chance to run by and grab it... and that was after metal dropped to 6/7 cents a pound.
I was too but I didn’t really call around. I just need it gone now.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I still have some parts from this car listed on FB marketplace. One of the pics shows the body of the car. Yesterday I got a message from someone asking if I still have the car. I told him no, only what’s listed is left. It was the guy that owned it for 10 years before my coworker bought it and wrecked it. Poor guy was devastated that his first car was gone. I told him how rusted it was and that it was shot before the accident anyway.
He had dreams of buying it back to fix it, but had zero ability. He was the one that patched the rust holes with fiberglass, and scratched up all the moldings in the process. He also bypassed the headlight switch, to a switch in the console, rather than fixing it. Felt bad to crush him like that, but he had a big hand in sending the car where it went.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Sad but really the only special thing was the stock 350, shifter, wheels and badges. I still say if Olds had balls, a 403 would have went in this car factory and been one of the quickest in 79. You know a car is too far gone when a body guy won't fix it. This one makes my 88 look not so bad.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor