Possible oil pressure sensor location? BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

468monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 26, 2010
Hope everyone having a bless day. I'm installing an intelltronix digital guages and trying to get the oil pressure sensor install on block. I found 2 places that can work (first 2 pics) but the issue is in both locations the plugs are stripped cant get them out. So while under the car I looked for maybe any other spots and notice the hole under my fuel pump (last pic). Whoever had the block before me ran an electric fuel pump as it was blocked off. Is it possible the last owner used this spot for oil pressure sensor? Thanks and either or i know it has to be plugged justI glad I caught it in time before breaking in cam and etc. 🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• 20200606_203651.jpg
    20200606_203651.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 702
  • 20200606_203907.jpg
    20200606_203907.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 414
  • Screenshot_20200606-204301_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200606-204301_Video Player.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 373

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I have limited knowlage of BBC's but only know of the port above the oil filter. Not sure if there is a port behind the distributor likd SBC's.

468monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 26, 2010
I have limited knowlage of BBC's but only know of the port above the oil filter. Not sure if there is a port behind the distributor likd SBC's.

Yes I'm familiar with small blocks as well. But I don't think there is one ill have to double check in the morning

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
On the left side of the block,(drivers side),there are 3 or 4 oil galley plugs.You can use any of those to plumb your oil pressure sender into.
When I first got the Monte the sender was plumbed into the far rear one and it was a poor location.
I moved it to the front one and it works fine and is easy to get to.
Those plugs can be a bugger to remove,so be careful or you can strip the heads.
Heres a picture of where mine is;
DSC_0285 (2016_04_18 13_36_38 UTC)_LI.jpg

Guy

Reactions: 1 user

468monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 26, 2010
On the left side of the block,(drivers side),there are 3 or 4 oil galley plugs.You can use any of those to plumb your oil pressure sender into.
When I first got the Monte the sender was plumbed into the far rear one and it was a poor location.
I moved it to the front one and it works fine and is easy to get to.
Those plugs can be a bugger to remove,so be careful or you can strip the heads.
Heres a picture of where mine is;
View attachment 148443

The hole I discovered right below the fuel pump can that be used as well? Or what is the purpose of that hole if any? Thanks

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have an aftermarket engine block but I used a billet fuel distribution block mounted above the oil filter and have my oil pressure and oil temp. gauge plumbed to it plus a low oil pressure warning light, this location keeps the wires hidden and close to the firewall where they exit.
1591535432701.png

Reactions: 5 users

black_aerocoupe

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2012
The BBC location isn't up as high as the SBC, but driver's side of the distributor area, you'll find one.

While this location seems like more work to access, I like it, since it doesn't interfere with clutch linkage. I used the brass fittings/adapters/elbows from a TPI '86 Camaro, which were fit with both the pressure switch, and the sending unit. A stock 86 SBC G-body with gauges had the switch up top, and the sender on the driver side of the block.

468monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 26, 2010
The BBC location isn't up as high as the SBC, but driver's side of the distributor area, you'll find one.

While this location seems like more work to access, I like it, since it doesn't interfere with clutch linkage. I used the brass fittings/adapters/elbows from a TPI '86 Camaro, which were fit with both the pressure switch, and the sending unit. A stock 86 SBC G-body with gauges had the switch up top, and the sender on the driver side of the block.

Do you have a pic of the area near the distributor your talking about. Because I'm open to all options. As I cant get none of the pipe plugs out in the front nor the ones near the oil filter. Don't wanna have to break out the torch or heat gun lol

black_aerocoupe

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2012
You're the one with the BBC in hand. I'm not. lol

If you can access it, you're looking above the bellhousing face, driver's side.

468monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 26, 2010
I have the oil pressure sensor installed in the front drivers side. Ended up getting the pipe plug out with an ez out last night. It was almost like it was welded in there from all the previous heat cycles from the engine . Thsnks everyone

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor