Possible problem with quick performance disc brake kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbosbc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 3, 2018
Kangasala, Finland
Ordered complete rear end kit from quick performance. I installed disc brake brackets and calibers and it looks like the offset spacers should be longer? Slider bushings come all the way out and mounting pin/bolt end goes in the rubber.

Hope you understand. It is hard to find right words...

Other than that parts seem great....

Attachments

• IMG_20181201_171751.jpg
    IMG_20181201_171751.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 413

Sanguia1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 18, 2018
U fix issue yet?? U order right set?? Maybe pumping up brakes would align it?

Turbosbc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 3, 2018
Kangasala, Finland
It is aligned in that picture. I Dont know is it the right ki or not. I ordered whole rear end kit.

I made longer offset bushings so the mounting bracket moved in better position. (more to right in that picture)

Sanguia1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 18, 2018
Ordered complete rear end kit from quick performance. I installed disc brake brackets and calibers and it looks like the offset spacers should be longer? Slider bushings come all the way out and mounting pin/bolt end goes in the rubber.

Hope you understand. It is hard to find right words...

Other than that parts seem great....
Looks like sliding spacer had to much room to move instead of leaning up against that bracket . Possible u mixed up left.. right caliper bracket? Possible u put bracket outside instead of inside??

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I didn't have that issue but still not happy with emergency brake. haven't messed with it lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor