Possible stupid question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fly_25

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2020
Hey everyone, sorry if this is a stupid question but I have a V6 Canadian Cutlass without an ecu, so when I installed a light bulb is the check engine light socket in the dash the light bulb illuminated and always remained on so I tried to check the codes and nothing happened, so is the check engine light useless without an ecu? Thanks!

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Yes it useless. Remove the bulb. You can't check codes since there in no computer (the Code generator and controller of electronic parameters) to communicate to.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Hey everyone, sorry if this is a stupid question but I have a V6 Canadian Cutlass without an ecu, so when I installed a light bulb is the check engine light socket in the dash the light bulb illuminated and always remained on so I tried to check the codes and nothing happened, so is the check engine light useless without an ecu? Thanks!
Canadian ones came with the v6? I thought it was mostly the 305.

fly_25

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2020
Thanks for the response! That's what I was thinking but I just wanted to be sure. Most g bodies I see for sale around where I live have the V6 oddly enough

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor