CUTLASS Possible suspension binding problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
i think the noise driving with that spool will be more than that locker.
That noise would be your inside tire screaming for it's life every time you attempt to make a turn.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
Surprisingly no rubbing inside the tires. The outside however is different story. Hopefully going to take care of that tomorrow.

I wonder if it needs new springs. Because the whole car leans to the right side sitting still with nobody in it. I dont think its a binding issue since its been like that since I brought the car home when I bought it.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
As UNGN mentioned, how do you have a spool with no rear bar? If you put a rear antiroll bar in, it will keep the body more level, and transfer more into understeer opposed to body twist.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
If the right side is currently taller than the left at rest, that is fine (unless its due to the body/frame twisted). If the left side is taller than the right, that is not going to be good.

The right side (passenger) tire unloads during launch and works better if preloaded (ie a taller/stiffer spring/vs a shorter/softer spring). If it starts out unloaded, it will only get worse from there.

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
Hey guys. Sorry I havent replied to anyone sooner, been busy all week and didnt get a chance to work on the car any until today.

I started by loosening my suspension up in the rear. Then I added a new set of OEM rear springs from MOOG. I think the springs made a HUGE difference so far just in the ride quality and stability of the ride. And im pretty sure Ive eliminated my binding issue. Car turns full lock both ways without any body roll sitting still like before. Think I may need to loosen my suspension up and check it one more time to be sure. The bolts have lock nuts on them. What do you guys recommend for the torque specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor