Post Your Worst A/G Body Rot stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
One of my early Gbodies was a 81' Regal with T-tops, it was a relatively clean car in and out and I had put a good running 305 SBC in it and used it as a daily driver.
Well I knew the floorboards needed work and never really got around to getting a good look at what was needed, and one early morning I was driving to work after good rain storm and hit a really big puddle of water at probably 45 mph and the force of the water blew open the front floorboards and carpeting and covered the entire interior and me in dirty water and carpet sound deadener, everything from the T-tops to the back seat were soaked.
I pulled pieces of wet dirty carpet crap off me as I drove to pick up my work truck and then drove the truck back home so I could take another shower and change clothes, I left my car at work for a few days to dry out and then brought it home to clean up and work on, needless to say the floorboards suddenly became a priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor