Power antenna bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2020
Hey guys, first post on here, had several g bodies forever. I have a 87 grand national, Im fixing the power antenna, someone before me had attempted to fix it. I have the antenna out I actually need the bracket that mounts the mast to the fender inside the door, I can send you a picture of what im talking about if im not making sense. Does anyone have one they can sell me. Ive search ebay seems every bracket is available but the one I need. Thank you in advance!!!
Jamie
Here is the pic of the bracket I need, Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-01-04-09-18-26.png
    Screenshot_2020-01-04-09-18-26.png
    641.7 KB · Views: 427
Last edited:

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
For as simple as that bracket looks, I’d just bend up my own from some flat stock. But if you want it 100% original GM and correct, then I understand that too.
Good luck.

Jan 4, 2020
For as simple as that bracket looks, I’d just bend up my own from some flat stock. But if you want it 100% original GM and correct, then I understand that too.
Good luck.
I'm on the fence to do that, I'm just so OCD when it comes to using factory stuff if I can find it lol

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
That "Z" looking stepped bracket bolted on to the lower mast bracket is GM p/n 25509250. That one is going to be hard to find unless you have a Regal. Not readily available anywhere I can find.

You try over on Turbobuick or other Regal/GN forums? That's another place I'd try. Some of the parts hoarders over there may have just what you need.

Jan 4, 2020
That "Z" looking stepped bracket bolted on to the lower mast bracket is GM p/n 25509250. That one is going to be hard to find unless you have a Regal. Not readily available anywhere I can find.

You try over on Turbobuick or other Regal/GN forums? That's another place I'd try. Some of the parts hoarders over there may have just what you need.
Thank you

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Thank you
Found this thread about power antennas. I just happened to pick one up yesterday at the wrecking yard from a 77 cutlass supreme. Was thinking about putting it on my 78 Caballero, but not sure if getting a fender made for a power antenna is best for a conversion like this or drilling a hole and finding a bracket is all I need to do. Car currently is set up for windshield internal antenna, and so there is no hole in the existing fender. A second thought would be to install it on my 79 El Camino which already has a non-working (broken cable, can hear the motor turning) power antenna. I have a replacement cable kit for the 79, but have not gotten around to fixing it yet.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
If you have a windshield antenna, you're miles ahead. I wouldn't put a power antenna in the car if you can have a stealth antenna.

As far as fixing yours, that's the best way to do it. Finding a new antenna assembly usually ends up with an old brittle cable anyway, just waiting to break on you. You can get a kit with a steel cable. Better than the plastic one by far. Make sure if you do, you get the plastic sheath over the run of the cable because most of them are stranded and it might bow out and mess up possibly over time.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
If you have a windshield antenna, you're miles ahead. I wouldn't put a power antenna in the car if you can have a stealth antenna.

As far as fixing yours, that's the best way to do it. Finding a new antenna assembly usually ends up with an old brittle cable anyway, just waiting to break on you. You can get a kit with a steel cable. Better than the plastic one by far. Make sure if you do, you get the plastic sheath over the run of the cable because most of them are stranded and it might bow out and mess up possibly over time.
Thank you, I'll double check the repair kit I already have.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Oh, forgot to add, the lower antenna TUBE bracket (held on to the tube by tack welds from the factory, and replacements are held on with 4 short screws) is part number 22038589, and it comes with the screws in the kit. The Z bracket the bolts to the fender and the tube bracket, just to clarify. So there's basically two brackets you need to find for the Regal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor