Power brake booster advice plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

1STLATIGERDIVISON

Greasemonkey
Nov 6, 2016
NW Louiwiana
I recently had to rebuild my 350 in my 88 SS/MC. In doing so with installing a 278 cam I lost vacuum in the booster. The booster requires 18" of vac it's getting 8". The OEM isn't cutting it. So is there a type vac booster ( hi preform) available that can possibly solve this problem. Have looked into vac pumps most all I read they are noisey but work somewhat. Hydra boost works well but expensive also understand if the car loses hydraulics so goes the brake & steering.

Plz would appreciate all recommendations or solutions

Regards & thx to all
Gary

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Engine driven vac pump. Will require fab skills, but stops my F350 just fine.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I am running a belt driven vacuum pump off a 95' Ford F350 diesel, I just made brackets to mount it.
It pulls 28" of vacuum and self regulates itself and does not require a vacuum source and since it is belt driven it is always on.
I bought mine from a junkyard about 17 years ago and it still works great and with my set up my car stops exceptionally well using this.

IMG_1343.JPG

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
The original on my truck went over 300,000 miles....built Ford tough lol

But not near as pretty as your installation.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor