Power curve equation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
(Hope I'm posting this in the right section. I figure it's knowledge based) hey all, does anyone know a website (or the actual equation) where I could plug in a bunch of stats for my car to get the power output at different speeds/rpms to see where my car performs best? I'm talking everything, like engine size, bore/stroke (it makes a difference, like between a ford 302 and a Chevy 305, of which the 302 is better because of its larger bore, IMO), average horsepower and torque, transmission, rear end gearing, weight, and maybe tire size. I'm not sure if all of that matters, but I think it will if I am trying to find the speed at which my engine performs best (rpms is a similar but different story).

Thanks to anyone who can help out with this.

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
I know of desktop dyno which is basically a virtual engine dyno. Other than that I'm not sure. Wouldn't paying for a few pulls on a chassis dyno be better? If you do find a program with all those features, I'd assume it wouldn't be free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor