Power Door Lock Actuator

Status
Not open for further replies.

464ChillerTech

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 28, 2022
i tried for a while to locate factory wiring harness either it was impossible to located or hacked up or the price was outrageous so i wired it myself. i wanted the factory look so its was very simple 2 ( I recommend 12guage wire) wires to each actuators and one feed wire (12V) in each door i wired them into relays just buy new sockets from rock auto . using this method you can also do both doors on one switch if you like in the center if you wanted a custom look of some kind.
Thank you for the reply. Lucky for me my friend has a complete Monte SS wiring harness and extra plugs that the switches connect to so I just need the actual switches. I was debating just wiring it up myself using the extra plugs though instead of cutting up the harness. I should have done it before I put the dash back in but oh well.

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
without the dash would of been much easier but still achievable with dash in . i never really understood why GM put power windows in a car without power locks :blam:

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
without the dash would of been much easier but still achievable with dash in . i never really understood why GM put power windows in a car without power locks :blam:
That's just one of those weird GM things. My '79 Monte I had 30 years ago was like that. Even seen other G's in the junk yards over the years with the same set up. But never a power lock/manual window car. Well after mine is done it'll be that way.

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
That's just one of those weird GM things. My '79 Monte I had 30 years ago was like that. Even seen other G's in the junk yards over the years with the same set up. But never a power lock/manual window car. Well after mine is done it'll be that way.
I seen manual windows and power locks. but this was couple years ago I'm not sure if it was modified by anyone

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Found a picture of the door panel where sh*t mounts to if this helps.

Pay attention to #4 and #12 locations accordingly.

G-body Inner Door Power Window Regulator Mounting locations.JPG

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor