Power Door Locks Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuickBroke$

Greasemonkey
Aug 4, 2018
Phoenix AZ
Guys, working on an ‘85 Regal Limited. Got it back from paint few weeks ago and went to put the door panels on and can’t get the power locks to work. Painter took the doors off and unplugged the actuators and window motors. Plugged everything back in and have windows but no locks. Can’t seem to get a voltage reading off the locks or the switches.
Manual says locks and windows are on the same fuse so that can’t be it? Looked for broken wires and found none. Tried to follow the wires to the fuse block but couldn’t.
If anyone knows something else I can try I’d appreciate it! Thanks

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Power lock relays are in the lower right hinge pillar, behind the kick panel. There are also harness connectors in both sides for locks/windows

Techman

Apprentice
Jul 18, 2017
Do you guys agree that the windows and locks are on the same fuse?
My cutlass has a circuit breaker for the windows. The door locks are on the same circuit as the dome light according to the owners manual. Windows only work with the key on and the door locks work at all times regardless of key position.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Make sure the metal housing of the door lock relay in the passenger side kick panel is grounded. It's in the hole behind the computer.
BUT, check the fuse first. Windows and locks are completely different circuits.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Looked under that kick panel and all I found was the computer, I’ll look again.

Behind that. You have to pull out all the plastic panels, the relays are in the hole, attached with a screw through the bracket. Would also check the plugs from the crosscar harness while in there, since the doors were off. They may not have gotten the plugs fully seated when reconnecting.

Reactions: 1 user

BuickBroke$

Greasemonkey
Aug 4, 2018
Phoenix AZ
My cutlass has a circuit breaker for the windows. The door locks are on the same circuit as the dome light according to the owners manual. Windows only work with the key on and the door locks work at all times regardless of key position.

Thanks Techman, that makes a lot of sense. Went thru the fuses and feel darn foolish for wasting my time and your guys time. Was a blown fuse. Not sure why the manual showed the two on the same fuse, but thanks everyone for their help!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
this might help you....

PowerDoorLock.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor