Power Rear Vent Wing Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona
I'm wondering if anyone has a photo of the switch arrangement at the driver door panel for power rear vent wing windows. I doubt there was a switch in the rear so I expect there is only one switch at the driver side control location but have no reference. I have the harness, I have the windows, I just need reference and any insight you might have on the subject.

As always, thanks for your help. ... :wink:

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
For whatever its worth, years ago, I had a '79 Malibu sedan that had the power rear vent windows in it. I don't have any photos of the switches for those power vent windows, but I can tell you that there were 2 separate pairs of window switches. The switches for the front power windows are on the side of the upper door trim panel, just like most other 2 door A/G bodies. The switches for the power rear vent windows are in the lower door trim panel, between the adjuster for the left remote mirror, and the arm rest. I hope this helps. Hopefully, someone else here can provide a photo.

1980PontiacWagon

Greasemonkey
Mar 23, 2011
So jealous...I wish I had that set up...send a PM to 81Regal...I know he found a wagon in a bone yard with power vent windows..I wanted to buy it, but didn't have the money at the time...he sent me pictures of the switch set up...he might still have them.

jeff0547

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 13, 2009
I can take a pic tomorrow night. There is a switch on the back door panel.

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona
That would be great. Out of all the G-Body junk I've looked at and looked over, I have never run across the front door panel with the additional switches. My parts came out of an 83 Bonneville and I was lucky enough to get the vents, the motors and the harness. The power vents are different than the fixed vents, havent really looked to see how different, but there are subtle differennces.

Just thought they would be cool seeing how the rear door glass doesn't roll down. I blame Roger Smith for that.

Regardz, ...

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
I have a pic I can upload tonite.
I hope the Bonneville was a wagon, because sedan vents are different...
All four brands... Chev, Buick, Olds & Pontiac had power vents as optional equipment.
As mentioned, the switch on the driver door is right next to the adjuster for the mirror.
On the rear doors, the switches are mounted very low, below the door handle.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Blake,
I guess the actual power vent mechanisms can't be interchanged with wagon vents... :?: I've never seen or held them in my hands.

Not too long ago there was a 4-dr Cutlass in the junkyard with power windows and decent interior panels. I grabbed the A & B pillar trim. I should have taken all the power window parts while I was there.

jeff0547

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 13, 2009
Here are the pics, I promised. This is an 81 Malibu wagon (perhaps a "parts car"). I couldn't figure out how to post pics, so I used my Facebook page. here's the link:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 9edaee9c1e

Now, I have to figure how to transfer the wiring harness to the intended car.....after I finish my 14 other projects.
Know what I mean????? :doh:

topstring

Apprentice
Jan 10, 2009
Tennessee
I hope the Bonneville was a wagon, because sedan vents are different...
That was my next question.A search on car-part.com came up with lots of power vents but none specified wagons.It only showed bonneville for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor