power seat couplers

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldolds

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2017
pine city/rosaila washington
i have a 1980 olds cutlass calais with power seats and the previous owner had a bunch of junk jammed under the seats and in the tracks. got all of that cleaned out and the motos and trans are ok but the couplers are broke. the cheapest i can find are 55 bucks each. all they are are little pieces of plastic. is there any other electric seats that will interchange with this car. i cannot find any ay the local wrecking yards and it would be nice to have it working. i have a few other issues but i take things one at a time.

Reactions: 1 user

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
90s full size GM like Park Avenues, 98's and such have an assembly that should bolt to your seats, if you have split seats or buckets. The pre-87 power seat assemblys are junk anyway. I installed Park Ave seats in my 87 GN. They are a bolt in.

Attachments

• 307.jpg
    307.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 205
Reactions: 3 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
90s full size GM like Park Avenues, 98's and such have an assembly that should bolt to your seats, if you have split seats or buckets. The pre-87 power seat assemblys are junk anyway. I installed Park Ave seats in my 87 GN. They are a bolt in.
Oooooooh, I like that! Nice work.

• Agree

yennchi45

Apprentice
Nov 12, 2014
South Carolina
you said bolt-in so does the back sit fit also

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
you said bolt-in so does the back sit fit also

The upper back seat does bolt in, but both the upper and lower are maybe 2" wider than the space provided and pushes in snugly.

• Useful

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Sure, let's go spend WAY over $55 to fix a broken coupling. I'm searching all the databases as to why this seems like a good idea and coming up zilch. Unless you need new seats, too.

I'm assuming you're looking for coupling p/n 20614175 ?? (this is the latest part number for which you seek. Fits 80-88 power seats) If so, I've seen them as low as $21.95 each shipped on fleabay. Obviously I think you'd have to buy 2 for your 6 way seat. But still. Why complain when you can fix what you have for $43.90?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan

yennchi45

Apprentice
Nov 12, 2014
South Carolina
The upper back seat does bolt in, but both the upper and lower are maybe 2" wider than the space provided and pushes in snugly.
I just started checking this swap out and I read that you have to use two passenger side seats is this true? Is that what you did?

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
I just started checking this swap out and I read that you have to use two passenger side seats is this true? Is that what you did?

I did use two passenger side seats, but that's because I have a console. If you don't have a console, you can use both the driver and passenger seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor