Power seat motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

genestang

Apprentice
Sep 18, 2021
I am having a rough go at getting my power seat motor to power up when hooked up with transmission for seat in-line. Not sure why but when I put straight power from the battery, motor will power up and if need be I can reverse polarity to make it run forward or reverse . If I hook the motor up in line when We reconnect the battery it sparks like power is being drawn somewhere and the motor will not run starts getting hot and could have swore seen a little smoke but not positive. All plugs should be plugged where they are suppose to be. Lost here anyone got any knowledge that might help? Also some rear sail panel lights are now not lighting up but I don’t think it’s related. All fuses seem to have 11.58 or a hair less working

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
Check your grounds they cause a lot of electrical gremlins

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
Correct on the power seat motor. I would try adding another ground if possible. Just a temporary one to try.

genestang

Apprentice
Sep 18, 2021
Update: today I found I had wires backward the wires coming out of floor do not connect the motor at all. Long story short reversed my wiring and motor tan as it should. Seat transmission works great as well

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
Glad you got it working and it works good

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor