Power seat track upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

86MCSS86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 2, 2014
Power seat transmission broke. Rather than replace it I remember years ago that I read that you were able to get a power seat track from a b body I think. I’ve looked online and can not find a thread about it. Mostly people changing from stock seats to other stock seats. What options are there that would work with little modifications.

emperorbrownsuga

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 1, 2012
I took the mounting plate and 3 motors out of a 88 to 91(?) Big caddy fleetwood. I got them to bolt to the gbody track. The rusty bolt on the inner plate in the pic. I belive the issue was mounting and the specific legnth drive cables(?). The motors were avaliable in other models.
Power seat transmission broke. Rather than replace it I remember years ago that I read that you were able to get a power seat track from a b body I think. I’ve looked online and can not find a thread about it. Mostly people changing from stock seats to other stock seats. What options are there that would work with little modifications.

Attachments

• 20150503_181655_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    20150503_181655_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 119
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor