Power Steering Bracket for use with headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmorman

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2008
Perry, IA
Hello,

I'm looking for a power steering mount for my 1979 Monte Carlo. It has Hooker Super Comp headers. The power steering pump is the factory unit in the factory location. Without the cast iron exhaust manifolds, I lose the mounting point for the power steering adjustment. I Was just wondering my options. It has a small block in it. I've "cobbled" something up for the last 20 years, but the motor is out for a refresh and I thought I'd get some opinions on the best way to make this "right"

Thanks,

Russ

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Use an original bolt with a steel bushing to make up the difference between the bracket and header.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I also did mine in a similar fashion, only I used a long stud, a bushing (old valve guide) and a nut.

rmorman

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2008
Perry, IA
Hmmmmm... I may have modified the bracket that went from the exhaust manifold to the Power Steering pump. It's been like it is for the 20 years I've had headers. I'll have to see if that idea will work.

pontiacgp, did you use a kit to convert yours?

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
I bypassed that issue and switched it over to the serpentine system
now thats the ticket!!! fyi i have around 4 complete serp set-ups(the right f-body style ones)---335.00 cleaned,prepped,and painted.OR raw/uncleaned---235.00 shipped.these are for sbc applications,but i also have custom made alluminum brackets that will adapt these set-ups to a bbc.pm me if interested.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
When you switched did you need the reverse flow heads and water pump? What did you take it out of?

no, I have the vortec heads and the reverse flow water pump

sbc water pump standard flow

attachment.php

sbc reverse flow water pump

0408sc_pump_04_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor