Power steering bracket - going INSANE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myles

Apprentice
Jun 17, 2011
hey guys,

Trying to find a power steering bracket that will work with my electric water pump. Iv tried many brackets, they dont work, even though they claim ok for 81 Malibu.

this is my last bet :

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/SBC-Power-S...542240&hash=item2153c8501f:g:G2IAAOSwYCRb2eTk

and with this one, problem is I need the threaded stud at 6'oclock on back of pump, but I only have 1 stud, and its at 10'oclock.

I'm thinking id buy this kit, Install with belt in correct place and then build additional bracket on back of pump, going from my pump to the front face of cylinder head.

Has anyone go through this?

I read many reviews of guys haveing no luck put these style brackets on G bodies, because of the location of the threaded stud in the back..

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
hey guys,

Trying to find a power steering bracket that will work with my electric water pump. Iv tried many brackets, they dont work, even though they claim ok for 81 Malibu.

this is my last bet :

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/SBC-Power-S...542240&hash=item2153c8501f:g:G2IAAOSwYCRb2eTk

and with this one, problem is I need the threaded stud at 6'oclock on back of pump, but I only have 1 stud, and its at 10'oclock.

I'm thinking id buy this kit, Install with belt in correct place and then build additional bracket on back of pump, going from my pump to the front face of cylinder head.

Has anyone go through this?

I read many reviews of guys haveing no luck put these style brackets on G bodies, because of the location of the threaded stud in the back..

How about getting a different pump with the stud at 6 instead of 10 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor