Power steering pump help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenderbender

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 28, 2013
Northern Wisconsin
Hello all. I'm currently putting a new motor into my 1979 Malibu wagon and I'm looking for some info on what power steering pump and mounts to use. The pump and mount that was on the car is junk, half of the mount is missing and the other half has been welded back together. The car has Hooker headers. So what I would like to know is what everyone is using on their cars or what car I should be looking at to find all the parts I need. There aren't really any other G-body cars in my area for me to rob a new setup off of. Thanks

84slow

Greasemonkey
Feb 6, 2017
Ontario.Ca
Try from 80's firebird is what I used from a tpi you would have to swap the pulley over from your Malibu so it works on your setup.. I got lucky using a 89 firebird pump cause factory lines worked for me

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
You might get lucky and find an 80's impala/caprice. They had the same bracket set up as the Malibus .
As far as the power steering bracket and headers, I use tubing for a spacer to make up the difference of the stock exhaust manifold and the headers . Timo22

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor