POWER TOUR 2015??

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; Here is a link to the unofficial site ( http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba ... wn/page188 ). This makes sense to me, per my conversation with the Hot Rod guy on the last day at the Dell's.
2015 HOT ROD POWER TOUR
Saturday, June 6 - Milwaukee, WI
Sunday, June 7 - Champaign, IL
Monday, June 8 - Madison, IL (St. Louis, MO)
Tuesday, June 9 - Memphis, TN
Wednesday, June 10 - TBD
Thursday, June 11 - TBD
Friday, June 12 - Baton Rouge, LA
The *ss hole cop at the Dell's & Chula Vista Resort's stupidly of closing 4 of the five entrances, just made a very unpleasant day. And it was suppose to be a fun day! I will NOT go back to the Dell's again. The F'in cop forced me to turn off the route by standing in front of my car. Forcing me to turn left from the straight ahead lane (where I was). Sending me up the wrong side of the river & adding another 1/2 hour plus to being stuck in that 90+ degree heat 3 - 4 hour traffic jam. If they had opened the gates (all 5) we would of been off the road in less than a 1/2 hour. I'm still pissed! I will mention that it was the ultimate test of one's cooling system, & and I didn't lose one drop of green. Many others did.
Back in 07- 08 (?) when they finished at green bay, the *ss holes at the football stadium rented the parking lot too some other group & we had to park in the Mud. Hot Rod didn't go back, they started in Milwaukee the next year. I was trying to influence Rot Hod to start in Janesville, Wi. at the closed GM plant. Parking for 5000 cars easy, but not a lot of lodging in the area. And maybe GM doesn't want everyone seeing the closed plant. Bob Jr.

TheFamilyTruckster

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 28, 2014
I've read the same thing in that prospective route. And all the horror stories on the dells. If my wagon is together we may attempt it. It's in my bucket list anyway. And the wife I in as long as my car is road ready. Just was looking for anyone from FL up to WI to convoy up.

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
If my car is together by then I might run the northern half of it. I keep hoping to be ready each yr, but so far car or schedule hasn't been ready.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I've been wanting to go for years but other things have taken priority. If my heap is together I want to make it. I also want to do CC Summer Nats.

85Gold-Heart

Apprentice
Jan 7, 2014
Ft.Stewart, Ga
Unfortunately for those dates as far as I know I will be training. Also none of those places are in the Carolina's- through Florida. I was hoping I could just hop on 95 and catch the beginning or the end. 2016 will be a different story though.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; The latest unofficial news is a Madison start for Power Tour! They started their in 2009 (?) & that worked out pretty well. That's where I did my first & only auto X, great fun. My crystal ball is cloudy, but I can see the possibility of a another auto X unless someone buys the Bronze Brick before then (unlikely). And in July Car Craft Nat's in Milwaukee, Plus cheep gas. See ya there, Bob Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor