Power vent windows - Motors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
For those lucky enough to have power vent windows in their wagons, are there issues with the motors going out or any reliability issues? Also wondering how serviceable they are if there are problems, like are there replacement motors readily available, etc.

Planning to convert my wagon at some point, but hate to find out all of them are non functional by now and not much that can be done.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I just lubed up the sheeting for the cable/shaft, and they are good for years. All my wagons had them, I converted and used the same windows. So I guess, I've got 15yr+ old windows. TBH, the switches flake out more than anything.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I've often wondered if the sedan power vent motors were the same for a wagon. I'm sure it's been discussed in the past.
I know the vent windows themselves are different shape wise, but are the other attaching parts the same?
At this point, I don't know if I want to go thru the trouble of putting a set in...that's if I actually come across a set. I'd still need the switches, harness, rubber boots, etc,

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Motors/drives appear to be the same. I replaced one in a previous wagon with a motor/cabledrive unit from a sedan

I will say that the rubber nipples that hold the assembly into the door are dangerous...super hard and almost cut my finger to the bone when I was cutting them out since I couldn't get them to go back through the holes. I mounted the replacement with j nuts and bolts...really didn't see the need for the isolators

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor