Power window failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

RideOrDieRegal84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 9, 2020
USA
I just put a brand new window motor in the passenger side and it still isnt working so i checked the wires and a wore pulled out. Anyone know where i could find this connector or this pin?
15870663371882032543722.jpg
1587066368715936243361.jpg

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Summit Racing has them too for 3.99 each. A bit pricey but I've also seen them for 7.99 elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Thanks! Hopefully by crimping that wire and putting it back in will fix my window problem. Should the driver side still be able to control the passenger window even if that wire was pulled out?
Probably not. In later wiring setups in the G-bodies, probably around 81 or so, not sure exact year, the master switch on the driver side actually goes THROUGH the passenger side switch. The switch and wires for the passenger side needs to be in place for the window motor to work. So if your wiring is goobered up on the passenger side, you'll need to fix that first. If your motor is fugged, then that's another chapter.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Looks like your brown wire from the switch to the motor is missing from that plug, which is the DOWN supply. Problem is, it acts as a ground for the UP wire, the dark blue one.

Blue/white wire (up) and tan wire (down) are the remote signals from the driver side switch, and the pink is your hot coming in. The brown wire is "DOWN" and the dark blue is "UP". You don't really have to worry about the blue/white and tan wires at the moment because you need to worry about getting your passenger side switch working.

Without the dark blue or brown hooked up, you won't have a ground or power supply to your motor, depending on the direction you want it to go. Basically, if one of those wires are broken, window no workee.

Check your switches too. If they get goobered up/rusty/corroded, they act just like big resistors or the effect of breaking a wire. Window no workee. You can take them apart and clean them, but replacing with new may be an option as they're pretty cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor