Power Window motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSpev

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2017
Working on the daughters Monty again. After putting new door seals on the windows won't go all the way up with out help. They have always been slow. I put some lube on the tracks, rollers and gears. This didn't help. I am guessing it needs new motors.
Now which brand? all thee same? Is there a better option to retrofit?

Tim & sleek

Apprentice
Apr 24, 2018
Fort Wayne, In
Working on the daughters Monty again. After putting new door seals on the windows won't go all the way up with out help. They have always been slow. I put some lube on the tracks, rollers and gears. This didn't help. I am guessing it needs new motors.
Now which brand? all thee same? Is there a better option to retrofit?
It may need a new motor but u also have options to help them speed up below is wire for faster windows but I think on here someone is sell a set up that give u Express up and down with auto not sure if auto is both of one way it is on YouTube

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
here are some options

SSpev

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2017
Thanks for the info. I don't see how I missed that.:sleep: I will do some reading/research .

SSpev

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2017
well it took a while to get this done. new motor and relays. window still won't go up all the way. I guess the next thing is to pull it all apart and see what is worn or sticking. :doh: I can put soap on the new seals and it makes its sllooowwwly.

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
As far as window height, you have an adjustment ability inside the door at the upper stops. For window speed, could be couple issues. 1) wire gauge too small, too much resistance. 2) old motors. 3) your new seals putting a lot of pressure friction on the glass.

That #3 is what I suspect is my problem. I installed new beltline seals before I reinstalled the door panels. Before doing so, the windows went up and down smoothly and a bit faster than they do with the panel installed.
There is also the option of adding a "window racer" device. I believe it is a relay based system allowing heavier gauge, higher amperage current directly to the window motors.

SSpev

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2017
As far as window height, you have an adjustment ability inside the door at the upper stops. For window speed, could be couple issues. 1) wire gauge too small, too much resistance. 2) old motors. 3) your new seals putting a lot of pressure friction on the glass.

That #3 is what I suspect is my problem. I installed new beltline seals before I reinstalled the door panels. Before doing so, the windows went up and down smoothly and a bit faster than they do with the panel installed.
There is also the option of adding a "window racer" device. I believe it is a relay based system allowing heavier gauge, higher amperage current directly to the window motors.
Height is not it.... What gauge you think it should be???.... uh I installed a new motor😇 ..... #3 bingo... i think:unsure:... racer, sounds like a step up transformer. The real kicker is why doesn't go up with a new motor and adjusted out all the way?
Motor came from summit. :confused:

SSpev

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2017
HOLY SMOKE that racer is $150 plus! thers gotta be a better solution...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor