power window question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
hello all i am starting to get my wiring together and i have a few questions about the power windows so i have the power window diagram do i the the circuit breaker? or can i just splice into a hot wire? and what hot wire?
PowerWindows.jpg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you can put the circuit breaker in the spot indicated and run your power from there

fuseboxlayoutcopy-jpg.40988

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
not the fuse on top, the windows circuit breaker fits below the name where it's open

image-jpg.39015

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The power for the windows is not constant, it's switched so they can't be opened without the ignition on. In the first photo the fuse for the gauges is indicated so why not use that wire which is pink/black

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
i found the the wiring harness for the windows and put the fuse and wire to the fuse block. but since i am running the wires to a rocker switch in the dash. i was thinking since i have some gauges that need power can i use the other part of the window power wire that goes into the master switch panel as power since they are only on when the car is on.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the wire to power the gauges is already in the dash so why make it more difficult. Maybe that mud you drove through has effected your thinking process....:D

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
are you talking about factory or aftermarket i have the trio of gauges that mount under the dash kinda like these do i just splice into the normal gauge wire as power?
sp7994.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor