Power window regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I know there is a thread about quick way changing a power window regulator by drilling the 4 dimples in the door but I can't seem to find it. I'm thinking the 4 dimples is where the motor is attached by rivets and after they are drilled out the motor can be changed with using bolts instead of the rivets to install a new motor..... I'd appreciate if anyone can help me out.....

Thanks

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
It sounds like you don't need any help Pontiacgp because that's exactly what you have to do. I've done it a couple of times and the only problem that i had was using dull drill bits which made the job twice as hard as the rivets started to spin as i tried to drill them out. A chisel or a metal punch came in handy also to help remove the stubborn ones. If you use new drill bits starting with a small one for a pilot hole then step up to a bigger one to drill them out you should have no problem. Also it's a good idea to add loctite to the bolts so they won't come loose on you later on down the road.
Good luck!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Thanks 84, I thought I remembered what was needed but I just wanted to be sure. I've changed the regulator the regular way but I'm interested in that short cut. My car is just about ready to be put back on the road after a frame off and a few other upgrades so I don't want any more "surprises" for another delay..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor