Power Window Regulators - Same or different between coupe and wagons/sedans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Howdy guys. My driver's side power window is getting very tired and making alarming noises. I haven't had a chance to pull the door panel yet. I've already ordered a new motor off Rock Auto. Unfortunately, the motor and regulator assembly are sold separately. I was wondering if anyone knew if the regulators were the same between the coupes and sedans/wagons, and if they're different, what's the part number, and if you have any leads for who might have one. Thanks.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Sedan/wagon are shorter than the coupe/camino version. Rare that a regulator is bad, possible, but not common. These are old-school steel arm regulators, not the finicky cable/nylon pulley version that's popular now.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
So most likely a new motor and some lubrication should take care of it, most likely?
You would be amazed at what cleaning the 35 year old dirty clumped up grease out of the tracks and replacing it with new grease will do

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor