Power Window Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I need to do something with my door panels this winter so I removed the drivers side today. Sure enough the switch connector is falling apart with wires breaking or ready to break of the switch. I can't get a switch with the proper thin bezel they used on the GP's so I plan on doing something I thought of a few years ago. I'm going to delete the switches on the doors and have a double switch for both windows in the center console. Have any of you used switches donated from other vehicles in your G body? If you have tlet me know what you used....thanks and the popcorn is on me...:popcorn:

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Couldn't you just use a Gbody driver's side switch and leave the passenger side switch attached to the harness but removed from the door panel.
You would have to pull the driver's side switch harness out of the door and extend the wires for the center console location.

Last edited:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Couldn't you just use a Gbody driver's side switch and leave the passenger side switch attached to the harness but removed from the door panel.
You would have to pull the driver's side switch harness out of the door and extend the wires for the center console location.

that isn't the right bezel and where the switch is located you there is no room to fit any other style. I could put that style switch in a different location but if I have to do that I'd rather put it in the center console.

this is the style of the switch, the passenger side is available but not the drivers side

oe-solutions-auto-body-parts-901-009-64_1000.jpg

Last edited:

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
that isn't the right bezel and where the switch is located you there is no room to fit any other style. I could put that style switch in a different location but if I have to do that I'd rather put it in the center console.

this is the style of the switch, the passenger side is available but not the drivers side

View attachment 129211
The switch I posted is what I was suggesting for the center console since you said you wanted to delete them from the door and put in a dual in the center console unless I am misunderstanding what you want to do.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
565 might not know that our switches don't mount on the board, but on the lower panel trim...

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
9270544C-A7DA-4771-9EB8-AE95E5A17AA7.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The switch I posted is what I was suggesting for the center console since you said you wanted to delete them from the door and put in a dual in the center console unless I am misunderstanding what you want to do.

you need to type slower so I can catch what you are saying.....:blam:

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
565 might not know that our switches don't mount on the board, but on the lower panel trim...
Yes I did know that and I bet you didn't know my first Gbody was a 78' GP.:LOL:
How dated is this photo.

hpqscan0002.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor