Power window won't go all the way up.

Griffin84ss

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Apr 14, 2017
Corinth Ky
I'm interested in solutions to this problem since I switched to power windows on my 87 El Camino and have experienced the same up and down issues. I am stumped because the motors are new, the weather strips old, the mechanisms were cleaned and re-greased, the guides are not impeding motion, etc.

This thread also triggered some brain cells about having read somewhere that there is an aftermarket setup that enhances window up and down speeds. Does anyone else recall something like this?
I believe that they are or were called window racer something along those lines I recall

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
OMG...a buck and a half, really? Wow, that's kind of steep. While others have suggested to install new motors, the motors in my 87 Elky ARE both new.

Thanks Griffin (y)(y)(y)

stew86MCSS396

Greasemonkey
Aug 1, 2022
(808)
Can't see any pics...

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Install relays as well to ensure you're getting 12V straight to the motors instead of all those switches and connectors and such.

Suggested wiring modification for the relays (4):

2 door power window diagram with relays.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor