Ppl talking smack about your gbody cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
I've experienced nothing but love from all over my metro area, regardless of race or age. My car is still pretty crappy and people still seem to compliment it. The ..."suburban" folks just like to see a G-Body without "big rims" or whatever stereotypical stuff someone who looks like me would have. Every time I go to a parts store, the people in the parking lot give me a thumbs up, two cops gave me a thumbs up, etc.. it's all weird since my car looks like crap. I do like to see other G-bodies that are more so stock or that look like mean versus flashy.

itsnicyo

Apprentice
Oct 8, 2013
Tampa
The only smack I really get is old schoolers starting the "no, thats not a real muscle car" convo.. Oh, and when people tell me I have a nice Grand National.. Thanks, but uhhhhhhh

1970camaroRS

Apprentice
Jul 17, 2014
Aside from idiot friends telling me to jack it up and throw giant wagon wheels under it, I usually have to deal with "that guy". The guy whose friend has a nice Buick with 1500hp that is JUST like my car. Nevermind that my car is not a Buick. not turbocharged and doesn't have an engine that ever existed in a factory g-body. Did I mention my car is NOT a Buick?

Algershick

Greasemonkey
Nov 27, 2015
Tacoma, Washington
Last week I stopped at a local Napa to pick up some Pontiac Blue engine paint. The color I'd selected peaked the older guy's attention at the parts counter and he asked if I was working on a Poncho motor. I said "its just a little 301" and he started laughing at me and apologized. :rofl::(

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Last week I stopped at a local Napa to pick up some Pontiac Blue engine paint. The color I'd selected peaked the older guy's attention at the parts counter and he asked if I was working on a Poncho motor. I said "its just a little 301" and he started laughing at me and apologized. :rofl::(

next time your at Napa show them this picture of Paul's (tc1959) car....

10394652_906491396039988_1669148976443570876_n-png.45790

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

montec

Apprentice
Feb 17, 2016
ND
I get the same sh*te no matter which of my vehicles it is. Why dont you get a donor car and swap bodies, or why don't you just junk it and get something else instead.

I'm on motor #3 in my Monte. Rear end #2(pulled this one out of a Bonneville). Trans I'm on #2, but that's only because The cost of working with a 350C rebuild over the TH350 it was better this way with motor #3.

I'm still have the mindset that these things were a dime a dozen back in the day. I traded my gokart for mine and I've now had it for over 20yrs(talking under $300 was asking price). Needs some tender love N care, but I will get it done the way I want it, it just takes time. oh and lots of $ I dont have.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I may have commented before, but this thread popped up again, so why not. The general concensus is that "it's an ugly slow car" "you'll never get it running again" "you could've gotten that chevy celebrity instead (it was a nice car tho)" Same ol same ol BS.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I may have commented before, but this thread popped up again, so why not. The general concensus is that "it's an ugly slow car" "you'll never get it running again" "you could've gotten that chevy celebrity instead (it was a nice car tho)" Same ol same ol BS.

they are jealous

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor