Ppl talking smack about your gbody cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
Back when I was driving the olds when it was fairly nice....yup. Much smack talk(tho none of the smacktalkers could ever beat it lol) last 5 years of it sitting with no motor deteorating? I get omg you got an 86 cutlass?!

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
I got asked yesterday what salvage my El Camino came from. I need to paint this thing

95% of people just look at a car as it sits and base their opinion of it on that. When I see an old beat up car, I try to think of what it can be. Once you clean it up and paint it and make it all nice and shiny suddenly most of those same people are wowed that there was a cool car underneath. That's what separates car people and those that just think they are a point a to b thing.

I personally think el caminos are going to make the biggest comeback from the social stigma they have. They are very unique with a body design we are very likely to never see again in the US. I've already seen about 3 commercials this past year with very nice gbody el caminos in them.

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
95% of people just look at a car as it sits and base their opinion of it on that. When I see an old beat up car, I try to think of what it can be. Once you clean it up and paint it and make it all nice and shiny suddenly most of those same people are wowed that there was a cool car underneath. That's what separates car people and those that just think they are a point a to b thing.

Whenever I see a car, I start to wonder if it's a "sleeper" or not. Shiny paint and wheels are cool, but there's something about steering, suspension, and driveline/drivetrain components that excite me more. I don't care how your car looks...if it can make a nice pass (street or track), hit the AutoX course, you can sit in it comfortably, nice sound system, etc... those things I LOVE. I think I like a sexy engine bay more so than flawless paint. If I want a gutluss car with nice paint, I'll just get a new car (like my current super slow Cadillac Wagon lol).

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Whenever I see a car, I start to wonder if it's a "sleeper" or not. Shiny paint and wheels are cool, but there's something about steering, suspension, and driveline/drivetrain components that excite me more. I don't care how your car looks...if it can make a nice pass (street or track), hit the AutoX course, you can sit in it comfortably, nice sound system, etc... those things I LOVE. I think I like a sexy engine bay more so than flawless paint. If I want a gutluss car with nice paint, I'll just get a new car (like my current super slow Cadillac Wagon lol).

I totally agree. While I like cars with nice paint and wheels, the performance is the most important thing. I would rather have a rough looking car that hauls *ss, stops and handles than a good looking car that doesn't perform as well. That's one of the reasons I'm working on making my Monte Carlo fast before I worry about making it look good. There's just something about the sleeper effect that I love.

Reactions: 1 user

oxide80

Greasemonkey
Sep 10, 2016
Maine
I was asked how many sheep fit in the back of my El Camino and if it came with Velcro gloves....

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I got asked yesterday what salvage my El Camino came from. I need to paint this thing

Tell them its from the post apocalyptic wasteland.

Junebugs 86Cuttleya

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 20, 2017
Nashville
Didn't read the entire post due to haste to reply if they're at his house beware my mom scrapped 2 g bodies of mine 1 81' t-top cutlass cailis 1 85 regal non t-type. I wasn't living in the same state at the time in her defense she warned me but I thought with as many people that would stop by to see how much she $$ would take she wouldve taken $$ but I'm almost %100 sure those guys that picked up those cars for junk didn't crush them. They both ran well & keys were inside you live and you learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor