Ppl talking smack about your gbody cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutty559

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 29, 2009
Porterville, California
Does anyone get a hard time for having a gbody. In my case its my dad. Always giving me a hard time about my 78 and 83 cutlass that i have parked at his house. My mom always try's to defend me and my rides, but my dad is a diferrent story. He is always talkn S*it bout how my cars are POS and how i should go sell them 4 scrap metal. :doh: I ignore it most of the time, but sometimes he hits those special nerves that just want to make your head explode. :rant: And i proseed to try to get it throgh his head that in 10-15 years we might not see there bad *ss rides out there nomore and how i might, or actually will be one of the lucky ppl to have a real beautyful part of automotive history. :D

Well up to a few months ago that was his mentallity, now he is always telling me pick one and fix it up ,the other one get rid of. Am like no i already have them both i have not spent any money on them. So at least now he aint giving me that much crap about my cars. :|

The 1978 cutlass brougham i got as a gift from a good friend of mine :) , its in very very good contition inside & out other than the engine, but i already replaced the broken 260 v-8 it had with a 307 that i got of a regal i bought from a friend for $400. An there rest of the regal i stripped and sold on ebay.

The 1983 culass supreme i got from a trade i made. I traded a 1991 accord for the cutlass, this is a cutlass that i had been tryna get out of this guy for the past 5 years. The part i love bout the cutlass is that its registered as a diesel so i dont have to ever smog it and in california smoging cars is a hassle and especially cutlass's. So trust me ill never get rid of this car. :mrgreen:

Anyone have haters that give you a hard time? Please feel free to share your story?

ill post pics of my rides soon

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
G's acually have respect here. granted its not as much as a chevelle but a chevelle is 10+ years older. Most of the Gs here have rusted out here, so only the nice ones are around. When you tell someone you own an 80s car they dont take any interest, but if they see it they like it.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
For the most part people love old schools around here. My dad give me the most crap about my car. My response is I bet my car outlast your car. He gets quiet for a minute then cranks it back up.

85Supreme

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2009
my bro is always saying its a POS, my grandfather originally was going to give the car to my brother but he didnt want it so it became my dads and now mine, but i always tell him to wait for the day my 85 cutty smokes his 04 wrx down the track :D

Reactions: 1 user

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
nobody seems to appreciate it from around sioux city, I go to shows in the surrounding area and am about the only one in my class. Everyone that comes up to it is always like oh yeah well I had one of those so it's nothing special. Or my engine bay isn't the cleanest and the last show I heard someone say "why did they even bother bringing it" I wanted to punch the ***Hole in the face and ask him where his show car was but decided to retain myself. I dunno it gets old to me and for that reason I haven't shown my car much this year at all. Tired of the remarks I get for it, so I just drive it and enjoy it when I can.

85Supreme

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2009
i always think to my self it doesnt matter what other ppl think especially if you put you blood and sweat into the car, the only one who needs to appreciate it is you, plus in 10-15 years gbodies will be worth some money, considering the condition there in g bodys are muscle cars too :D

Camshaft

Master Mechanic
May 27, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
I always get looks at nice comments about my car. When I park it at the college, all of the nicer enthusiast cars seem to gravitate toward it. When I came out today, there was a fourth-gen Trans Am and an Evo VIII on either side of me. I expected to catch a lot of crap about the colour but everyone who mentions it seems to really like it. I know I do! :D

85Supreme

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2009
before we took the car apart for a repaint and bodywork you could tell ppl whernt too pleased with the color, not that it was a show car but triple tan with the clear coat flaking off in big pieces, green rust stopper and black spray paint....cant wait till it silver 8)

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
I still can't hear anyone who talks sh*t cuz the exhaust is too loud :wink: ... still need to weld those mufflers on

cutty559

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 29, 2009
Porterville, California
well 4 the most part its was my dad that always give me S*it. Other than that eveyone else is like, "u wanna sell your car? " or "u better get a good alarm cuz you are gonna get jacked one of there days".

Evryone else loves the car, but the one person u wanna impress and want them to support you, in my case my dad, is the one that puts you and ur car down the worst and that sux. :(

now like i said hes a lil more supportive but i cant wait till i get my car all done up and be like i thought u said my car was a POS huh :lol:

and this is gonna be him ----> :notworthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor