Pre filling brake lines???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I’ve got all new brake lines installed. Master is blead and on car, but not hooked up to lines. How do I fill the new lines?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
You install all of the lines then bleed the brake system.

Reactions: 1 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
So that won’t interfere with the master already being blead? I bought a power booster from Motive to help do the bleeding.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
No,you did it correctly bleeding the master first,now after the lines are hooked up bleed them and that's it.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you won't have any problems wit the master unless you let all the fluid drain from the master, If you do you'll have to bench bleed the master again. I install the lines and let each wheel gravity bleed starting with the furthest wheel from the master. Keep an eye on the master and top it off as needed while you are bleeding the system

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Helps to have a helper monitor the level of fluid in the master. DONT LET IT SPILL ON ANYTHING.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Helps to have a helper monitor the level of fluid in the master. DONT LET IT SPILL ON ANYTHING.

the fluid level does not drop that fast but you can always send the helper for more beer.......:popcorn:

• Happy
Reactions: 3 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
So that won’t interfere with the master already being blead? I bought a power booster from Motive to help do the bleeding.

Careful with the Master bleeder. I bought one when I first started working on my car. Thought it would make bleeding the brakes easy if I was by myself. IT SUCKED. The top of the master didnt seal tight and I had brake fluid all over my newly painted frame. Lucky for me at the time my friend talked me into using synthetic fluid so the paint wasnt damaged. In the end I wound up getting rid of the synthetic and went back to DOT 3 before I I even got it back on the ground (really long story but use DOT 3 brake fluid). The last time I bled the system I borrowed a Master bleeder that hooks up to the compressor. That one works great !!!!! If you bought the one with the pump send it back and get that one instead.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor