Probems with power seat controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwiegel

n00b
Aug 30, 2020
Trying to replace the power seat controller in my 85 Cutlass, the plastic retaining plate on the old one snapped. Got the new one, plugged it in and all seemed fine. When I went to secure the screws, it would not fit flush. Seems the long center pin hits the seat frame. What am I missing here? Figured this would be a quick and easy fix.

Attachments

• 20200830_144502_HDR.jpg
    20200830_144502_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 132
  • 20200830_144508_HDR.jpg
    20200830_144508_HDR.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 153

Max Headroom

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2011
Be sure the center pin isn't pulled part way out of the housing it is located in. Not sure but I don't believe the long pin should stick out the back of the part you plug into.

pizza442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 9, 2017
I went thru this years ago I think. Might have something to do with the other switch being from a bench (to bucket) or non-recliner to recliner or just a whole diff model car..

Reactions: 1 user

gwiegel

n00b
Aug 30, 2020
It’s likely that’s a new switch you have is for a different model. Did you verify it’s for a G body cutlass?
Not specifically. Made sure the pins lined up, and checked that the module it plugs into matched the one in my car. When I plug it in, seems to be working, just won't fit all the way back into the hole. Reason seems to be the length of that central pin.

gwiegel

n00b
Aug 30, 2020
I went thru this years ago I think. Might have something to do with the other switch being from a bench (to bucket) or non-recliner to recliner or just a whole diff model car..
Wouldn't even have thought of that. Since the pin locations lined up, and the module they plugged into seemed to match, figured I was all set. It even seems to function ok, just won't fit flush due to that pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor