Problem bleeding remanned master cylinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I’m bench bleeding my Centric remanned Toro/Riv master. Since I changed out all my brake lines I made bleeder lines out of the old ones that came off the old master, teflon tape on the connectors, lines submerged in new brake fluid in the master. I’ve gently pumped it atleast 200 times and still getting bubbles. Am I doing something wrong or is there a good chance the master is defective?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
i bought the master bleeder kit and use clear hoses so it's easy to see what's in the lines. Do you let the master rest a few seconds in between pumps?

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Talk about weird , I got tired and frustrated yesterday so I covered the master for the night and called it quits for the night. I come down this morning uncover and pump 3 times, then NO MORE BUBBLES!!! I pumped another 20 or so times with no bubbles. Sometimes you just have to walk away I guess and regroup.

Reactions: 1 user

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I can’t believe Centric didn’t send a bleeder kit. Is it advisable to put a silicone seal around the master before attaching it to the booster?

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Sealer is going to hide the symptom if the master ever leaks out the back.

Also have to ask...why teflon on a flare fitting?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I can’t believe Centric didn’t send a bleeder kit. Is it advisable to put a silicone seal around the master before attaching it to the booster?
Should be an o-ring or something similar to seal around the master cylinder nose going into the booster hole. Just a tad of glycerin or similar to lube up the o-ring a little would be the most that should be needed. Then bolt it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor