PONTIAC Project '67.

Status
Not open for further replies.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Good job. Pull the valve covers and make sure it is oiling the top end. Hopefully the valve train noise will quiet down when the lifters pump up. If not the SBC has an adjustable valve train. But for now leave it alone and make sure it oils and will stay cool so you can run it up to operating temperature
Thanks dude. And I will next week when I get paid, will buy some gaskets and hoses because I don't trust the top to not explode lol. I just bought new belts for the PS, water and alternator today which is nice.

Also I noticed the other day it seems to have a conversion for HEI. I would change the vacuum lines too, but the amount of tiny sh*ts from mice I don't want to go near until I can get a mobile vacuum lol.

Last edited:

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Good job. Pull the valve covers and make sure it is oiling the top end. Hopefully the valve train noise will quiet down when the lifters pump up. If not the SBC has an adjustable valve train. But for now leave it alone and make sure it oils and will stay cool so you can run it up to operating temperature
I also plan to change the oil. I was gonna use 5W-30 being that it will be stored outside during the Canadian winters, would it be a good idea to use additives too?

The odo reads only 21k but who knows how accurate that is.

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
I would be hesitant at 5W-30. I think I'd hold at 10W-30 and not start it below -10 or so. Add STP blue with ZDDP in it. Just plug all the vacuum ports for now. You don't need any of that until you start driving it. Then you don't have to worry about mouse poop

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor