BETTY RUMBLE - '87 Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Finished for now. If anyone comes across the proper set of hangers let me know.
I have these from a 70k '86 442, was a northern car, little rust but the rubber is good.
I also have the correct dual exhaust tail pipe heat shield for the fuel lines as well.

Attachments

• tail.jpg
    tail.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 231
Reactions: 1 user

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Ups man was leaving just as I pulled up. I have wheels. Looks good. The inside is painted black. Wasn't expecting that. Will need to be careful putting them on! They look huge just sitting there. The weather can't decide if it's going to storm or not or I'd back her out and put them on.

Also, a gracious thanks to our sponsor UMI for working out a deal on a set of shocks and drop springs. Should have those next week and then I have to find time to break this front end apart and put it back together.

With the wheels on I just might take it to a show the 27th in Salina OK and put a jar out for paint and body donations. I'll be there either way so why not. Come say hi.

image.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Those are pretty sharp! I'm looking forward to seeing them on the car.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Got out and put them on before it got too hot. Well, tried but by the time I finished the sun was already trying to cook me. They fit real nice. No rubbing on the front at all. It's pretty close, if I had gone wider it would have been a crap shoot. The Firehawks have directional tread, which shouldn't be a big deal, don't plan on putting that many miles on to be rotating much. The improved contact patch already has improved the feel of the car... a lot. I figured it would a little, but I was surprised. Tire Rack balanced these perfect, no shaking that I could feel.

Two things with these wheels: 1) The center caps are cheap chinese plastic garbage. I broke one being clumsy :oops::mad: before it even got on the car :mad::mad::mad::mad::oops: I ordered up another set of 4 just because it will probably happen again. 2) The lug nuts are recessed deep into slots on the wheels that won't take a standard tire-iron or large wall air-wrench socket. I had to use a deep well 3/4" on a speed handle to get them on, and then torque them down with a standard ratchet and extension. I will have to buy extras of these tools just to keep in the car should I get a flat. ah well, the price of looking good. And they do, check out the before and after.

IMG_1736.jpg
IMG_1737.jpg
IMG_1741.jpg
IMG_1743.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Like it alot!!!!! Definitely gave the blue book cutlass a more aggressive look for sure! Are you at stock ride height? If so it helps my brain see how my cutlass will look with a similar setup.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
theoretically its at stock ride height. The springs on this, especially up front, are shot, and I have a suspicion the control arm bushings are too. She squeaks like a box of mice if you go over bumps or push down on the front end. It sits noticeably lower than it should, and that's after I replaced the front shocks in a futile attempt to stiffen it up.... Like I said earlier it'll be interesting to see how much the UMI 2" kit actually changes it. I'll laugh if it raises it, but it won't surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor