BETTY RUMBLE - '87 Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Looks good!

I need to add this one to my collection....but then I'd have 36 unbuilt kits sitting here......

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
about the only thing I've been able to do to her lately, because of time and people putting large stuff in my shop and in my way COUGH COUGH but dang if that don't look good. But.... spot the OCD triggers in this photo related to the wheel, there are 3. Thanks Jeff Blagden for the center! Yes, it only goes on one way. I was confused at first but hey, that's how it is I guess. per my other thread I ordered a spring/pin off ebay and hopefully it fits. If not, I'll make it fit. Now have to find a decent cover for that rim to keep it nice.

IMG_2070.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Looks like the Rocket emblem is upside down....can you not pull the center section, with emblem from the rest of the assembly and flip it over?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Looks like the Rocket emblem is upside down....can you not pull the center section, with emblem from the rest of the assembly and flip it over?
That's one! The 2nd is that its not only upside down, but about 4 degrees rotated off center.

That's what I was thinking, then I got to looking at it, and it appears there are plastic pins run through the disc from that center piece, then melted or sonic welded into place. So, I'd have grind those off, then rotate it, and figure out how to make it stick again without cobbling up the works.

Of the 4 metal clips on the back of it, one is off kilter so it will only clip on in that orientation, that was a "duh" moment as to why it wouldn't clip on right side up....

here's my pic from the other thread... it shows what I'm talking about.. the 4 dots are holding the plastic on. at least it looks and feels that way.

img_2072-jpg.62372

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Well isn't that a fine how do you do....funny that they'd make it that way?

The wheel looks great in the car though!

Last edited:

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Okay not sure if this will help or not....but I have a two spoke wheel horn center here. I decided to take it apart to see what's what..

wZ2hVu.jpg

It too had the little plastic tabs you mentioned..

cePaHH.jpg

once I peeled the rubber outer portion off and flipped it over I found that it is not connected to the center emblem....but the piece as shown below?

cyOWfm.jpg

so you're left with the rubber portion and the emblem...

EdeET0.jpg

with the rubber being so pliable you are able to remove the center emblem...much the Chevy sport wheels..

xY9QF5.jpg

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that 3 spoke center isn't made up the same way.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
You're my hero Kevin. That upside down Rocket was bad for my OCD.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor