Mar 29, 2017
Georgia
42678.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users

dgmeadows

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2017
Georgia
I brought it home.... and immediately took the interior apart to replace the headliner and paint the sun faded panels.
20220925_190522.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Geez, why is it that I can post 1 pic, then do the EXACT SAME PROCEDURE and nothing????????
I'm sure it's operator error. But if you're like me you can always find something else to blame it on.
Nice pictures.

Reactions: 1 user

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

dgmeadows

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2017
Georgia
You're killing me here dude. Back up a little and get the whole car in the shot. It's like, almost spank bank material, but only cleavage.
Yeah, those pics were taken by the guys at the shop. Parking lot was very full and they had little room to maneuver. I will get some good pics to post soon.

Reactions: 3 users

dgmeadows

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2017
Georgia
No more diesel hood ornament, we're sporting a nice red oem Calais emblem. And yes, I already need to wash it. 20220927_220359.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

dgmeadows

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2017
Georgia
This horn pad is one of the best indicators of the condition of the interior. Other than a tiny crack on top of the gauge surround, drooping headliner, a couple of small circa 79 cigarette burns, and the faded to pink spots on the B pillars and rear seat side panels, the interior is very good. Headliner and painting those panels are next tasks. 20220923_150508.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

dgmeadows

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2017
Georgia
Interior day today. I replaced the headliner fabric and painted the interior panels that were faded pink from sun. The headliner looks good, as long as you don't shine a flashlight up in the coat hanger recesses. Those are hard to get right. I am really pleased with the painted panels. I used the SEM prep and paint from a HVLP air gun, and they came out very good. I was concerned the paint would cover up the grain, but using the HVLP gun with 1.4 mm tip allowed for a very fine spray that maintained the grain. One disappointment, I bought lower door panels with speaker openings months ago when the car was in the shop. When they arrived, I just unwrapped 1 to check it out. Today I realized I was sent 2 passenger side panels... after I had already removed the driver's side panel from the car...

And once again, I can't post pics...

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor