BUILD THREAD Project Diesel No More/Teen Dreams Realized

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
You'll know the approximate cam size by idle vacuum at 700-800 rpm's.

I'll guess mid 210's if it was recommended for a 2200 stall. Cam card recommended stall is somewhat of a joke. I hate seeing someone pick a converter based on that info.

dgmeadows

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2017
Georgia
Brake upgrades are in place. My shop says the components appear to be good quality and everything fit as designed.

Big step, they turned over the engine and let me hear it - through straight headers. I assured my wife that mufflers will tone it down. Unfortunately it looks like I can't post the video. 37304.jpeg 37302.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

dgmeadows

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2017
Georgia
I'm having trouble getting pictures to load. We're getting really close now, just awaiting driveshaft and final tuning, then the little bit of dent and ding fixes and paint/ceramic coat and the car will be ready to go. I'm hoping to be hitting some car shows by late July. I'll upload more pics when I have better service.

Reactions: 1 users

dgmeadows

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2017
Georgia
Finally got a pic to upload. Car is on the ground and engine is running, but awaiting driveshaft to get motivated. 37634.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users

dgmeadows

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2017
Georgia
Sits good for being on 'new' stuff.
The BMR suspension kit is supposed to be a 1.5" lowering spring. I was a little concerned about tire rub using 275 40R17 and 245 45R17 tires, but the techs said they fit good and clear. They did use the 1/8" spacers on the rear. I am liking the stance in this picture. I did not want it too low.

Reactions: 1 user

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
The BMR suspension kit is supposed to be a 1.5" lowering spring. I was a little concerned about tire rub using 275 40R17 and 245 45R17 tires, but the techs said they fit good and clear. They did use the 1/8" spacers on the rear. I am liking the stance in this picture. I did not want it too low.
Looks good from that image.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Are you leaving the wheels as is or will you be detailing (painting) them to look more stock-ish?

Reactions: 1 user

dgmeadows

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2017
Georgia
I'm leaving the wheels full chrome for now. I've considered painting recesses, and may consider it again later. I'm hoping to see some of these 17" repro wheels that have been painted to see how they look. There were some dents and dings and paint needs that are higher priority for now, and since I've already blown my original budget with add ons, color on the wheels went into the "maybe later" category.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor