Project "Gold Rush" '78 Malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the paint... Sweet malibu... Love the dash 🙂

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Love the paint...

Funny you should say that because when I first seen it I so "OK so it's not my favorite color but it's not too bad" After getting it home and cleaning it up it really grew on me and with interior color I think it makes for a good combo.

The color is "California Gold" I am thinking about a black Yenko style stripe down the side and putting MALIBU S/C on the quarter but still unsure about that.

Flat Broke said:
Funny you should say that because when I first seen it I so "OK so it's not my favorite color but it's not too bad" After getting it home and cleaning it up it really grew on me and with interior color I think it makes for a good combo.

The color is "California Gold" I am thinking about a black Yenko style stripe down the side and putting MALIBU S/C on the quarter but still unsure about that.
That would look killer! When I went looking for a Malibu before I got the Monte I found one that was red with a white Yenko stripe and it looked great.

88MCsupersport said:
You should enter the car in g-body of the month for sept 2012 the themes for new members..

I will have to take a good picture of it. Been without power for 4 days. We were hit alot harder than we thought we were gonna be by Hurricane Isaac but did take a break from picking up branches and stuff to work on the car. Fired the engine for the first time today. Few little kinks to work out and a few changes but got about a hour of run time on the motor under diffrent loads as recommended in the manuel that came with the engine, now time to change the oil then the next is due at around 500 miles then on to normal oil change intervals. So getting a little closer to being on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor