PROJECT " LAID BACK 2 " - 1978 SALON 2 DOOR AEROBACK

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
Looks like your "new" Olds diesel iron reverse rotation water pump has been delivered!

Reactions: 4 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Yes it has! Big thanks to you. I will contact Flowkooler and see which route to go from here.

Reactions: 3 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Send them your open impeller pump as the core for them to rebuild, if that is route you are planning.

Reactions: 1 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
It was a good day today. As stated above, I received this remanufactured water pump from Joe today. It has been sitting for a while, but I'm hoping that Flowkooler will blast this casting, and install their impeller. I'm going to call them tomorrow.
IMG_2403.JPG

I also received my new mini starter today. Powermaster 9510. I was going to buy the RobbMc starter, but this Powermaster is very comparable ( multi clock ), lightweight, has excellent reviews, a better warranty, and with my Amazon discount, it was $97 dollars less. It came with new bolts, block shims, and a pinion gear shim. It looks good too!

IMG_2410.JPG

I also received my Corbeau Sport Seats. They had originally told me it would be late April, but they shipped on the 10th. These seats are a simple classic design, that I think will fit the car well. In my opinion, they were very affordable ( $618 delivered ). They come with no tracks, but I will mount them to my original bucket seat tracks. Haven't even looked at them - don't care... I have adapted bucket seats a few times in the past. Flat stock bolted to the bottom of the seat... measured, trimmed, and welded to the G Body seat tracks, and then painted. They may bolt right up... 🤷‍♂️ I'll find out soon enough.

IMG_2395.JPG
I unboxed them, so they don't get creases, but left them wrapped up for protection. They look like this.
1618541077877.png

Mild bolsters ( no tuner seats here... ) fully reclining, and removable headrests. I will purchase some matching material from Corbeau, and have my rear seat upholstered locally. I have the Pro Car Elite seats in my GN, so I figured I would try these.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Send them your open impeller pump as the core for them to rebuild, if that is route you are planning.
I'm going to get out my other water pump tomorrow for a comparison. I'll post up the pics. Either way, if they don't have an ETA on their pump I paid for 2 months ago, I'm going to send them one of these castings. Maybe both of them...

Reactions: 2 users

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
If you send both, I hope they don't end up in a black hole never to be seen again... 😳

• Agree
  • Wow
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yeah, don't send both, as said. Keep the closed impeller, it is for a heavy duty cooling system.

Reactions: 1 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
That's good advice from Joe & Christian... I should not send both water pumps to Flowkooler, as you never know what might happen during shipping to them, while they are at Flowkooler, or during return shipping. So here is what I have - ( I'm laughing at the condition of these boxes :ROFLMAO: - you know this sh*t is old ).
IMG_2419.JPG

This Car Quest water pump was remanufactured by Autoline Industries. I can't find any info on this pump. I have Googled it many different ways, using different key words... nada. Joe, if you see this, how old is it? I assume you got it at Car Quest? This water pump has the heater hose nipples integrated into the casting, and a smoother transition before the outlet. This pump is the Heavy Duty version ( A/C ) with a closed impeller. This is the better pump, but does need some cleanup. I was originally going to send this casting to Flowkooler, because I assumed they would disassemble, blast, and install their aluminum high flow impeller, but I am rethinking that now.
IMG_2416.JPG

This TRW pump was purchased by me through Rockauto over a year ago, as one of their close out specials. This pump has a slightly different casting than the Car Quest pump. It has the heater hose nipples pressed into the casting, has a pronounced notch in the casting just before the outlet. It has the open impeller, but is brand new. Just needs paint. I should probably send this one to Flowkooler. Now speaking of Flowkooler... I tried calling them (5) times on Friday. They obviously have a "new" automated phone system. The first (3) times I called, I got disconnected. I could hear people in the background talking... The 4th time I called a lady answered "Hello". I said "Flowkooler?" she said "No". I called back immediately for the 5th time, and got an automated recording saying they are helping other customers, and to leave a message. I am VERY disappointed with Flowkooler. No exaggeration... this is the worst company I have dealt with in recent memory. At the moment, I'm not sure what I'm going to do, until I speak with someone that has some authority.
IMG_2417.JPG

IMG_2418.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2414.JPG
    IMG_2414.JPG
    220.6 KB · Views: 96
  • Sad

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
I think I got it about 6-7 years ago (yes, CarQuest). I was going to do the serpentine thing, but just never got to it and now never will. In fact, I am finishing the silver car and putting it for sale for real this time. I am also putting my spare 455 into the '70 and making it roadworthy to sell it too. I spent the weekend going through a lot of Oldsmobile stuff. I have a lot to get rid of.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
The saga continues with Flowkooler, but I'll spare you the details, and get to the point. They actually called ME... They have built my water pump, and shipped it yesterday! The tracking # says I will get it on Thursday. Hope it shows up without damage, so I can get this installed and off my list! (12) weeks... Geezzz. I got some other small parts. I'll get this thread updated by the end of the week.

• Winner
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor