BUILD THREAD Project long time coming

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I'n currently running a used Napa clutch... LOL I bought a LUK replacement clutch for it already. The LUK is much better than a Napa one, but still not as good as some of the performance clutches. Ideally I'll be pulling the engine and trans in a year or two and replacing them with an LS and a six speed so I don't want to dump too much $ into them now. We shall see

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
So I haven't updated this thread in quite awhile. Been too busy working on the house to worry about anything with the car. It still needs a clutch as it slips with anything more than half throttle. So just to make my life a little easier, I'm selling it....

LMAO, no way in hell! Instead I stumbled across this and it followed me home this this morning. :D I must be a glutton for punishment. Somehow I even convinced my.wife to go with me to pick it up. She is a saint for putting up with my shenanigans!

IMG_20191231_104651.jpg

• Winner
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Well with building a house I haven't made it far. I stripped it down this far, rotated it over, smooth as a baby's bottom. Plugs were originals and in decent shape given the mileage. Little oil build up on a couple but that's a common issue with the pcv system and revised valve covers. Making some brackets now just to make a stand for it to sit on and throw a garbage bag over it until I'm ready to move forward with it. I have been doing more research as to cams, springs, which EFI system, oil pan, accessory drive etc I want to use. No final decisions have been made but I have a few ideas floating around in my head :D Here is it's current state and will be for several months until the house is done.

IMG_20200114_201841.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Stumbled across a Camaro power steering pump and bracket on FB marketplace. Picked it up this morning for $40.

IMG_20200126_115204.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I know, that's why I hopped right on it! Had to drive 45 minutes one way to get it but still worth it.

Reactions: 2 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
My commute to work is around 40 mins. Little less if I speed, lot more if the weather is crappy because of non-driving idiots on all season tires 🤬

Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Another piece of the puzzle made it's way home. :) LS1 Camaro balancer

Screenshot_20200207-080007.png

Reactions: 8 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor