BUILD THREAD Project Olds Cool (Recognition!!)

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
I’ll keep an eye out for the LS specific stuff you’re after, but I’m not sure when the next time I’ll be hitting the junkyards again.
As for the door seal channels, are you referring to the ones that the upper window weatherstrips (roof rail seals) go in? If so, I might be able to help you out without a trip to a junkyard. I’m pretty sure I still have the ones from my old Brown Bomber parts car tucked away somewhere, I don’t think they changed all that much from my ‘78-80 cars to your ‘81 & up Regals.
Let me know.

The channels themselves are actually two pieces per side, the one mounts to the underside of the roof by the drip rails, and there’s a second, separate piece that mounts to the front edge of the “B” pillars.

Much appreciated man. I’ll have a look when I get home. Might only need one side, I don’t actually remember at the moment.

Reactions: 1 user

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Nice glamour shot of the engine compartment. Nice engine compartment.

Thanks Gary.
Here’s a couple more for your perusal.

0BF292CC-26AE-4A7E-A352-B82699BA2901.jpeg

CDDB2BF1-F412-4A45-A80D-E2FB56F43EE0.jpeg

51B1B7EE-E536-485B-9A91-E1259BA32BC9.jpeg

Reactions: 8 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
meant to post a few days ago, as soon as I saw the update, but life once again got in the way....

glad to see you back at it, sometimes you've got to step back and let your mind shift to neutral from time to time, so you can hit the ground running when you get back into it. I'm digging the progress, even if I am one of the guys who prefers the fender mount to the windshield antennas. as always, excellent work, and looks like it was never there!

nice score on the needed parts, sometimes it comes down to being there at the right ties!

keep the updates coming, and I'll try to go do something on the Chief!:whistle:

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
What exhaust manifold paint is that? It has held up really well.

Jeff Blagden

Master Mechanic
Aug 12, 2016
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
did you change the battery to the passenger side because on my 1980 442 it is on the drivers side ? you have a great thread have a good and safe Thanksgiving Jeff from Winnipeg

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
did you change the battery to the passenger side because on my 1980 442 it is on the drivers side ? you have a great thread have a good and safe Thanksgiving Jeff from Winnipeg
Olds 307 gets driver side, Chev 350 goes passenger

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Jeff Blagden

Master Mechanic
Aug 12, 2016
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
sorry it looks like valve covers from a Chevy the oil fill for a rocket is in the front mine is a 350 rocket that is why I was asking have a good weekend and happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadian members Jeff from Winnipeg

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
meant to post a few days ago, as soon as I saw the update, but life once again got in the way....

glad to see you back at it, sometimes you've got to step back and let your mind shift to neutral from time to time, so you can hit the ground running when you get back into it. I'm digging the progress, even if I am one of the guys who prefers the fender mount to the windshield antennas. as always, excellent work, and looks like it was never there!

nice score on the needed parts, sometimes it comes down to being there at the right ties!

keep the updates coming, and I'll try to go do something on the Chief!:whistle:

Thanks Darin.
I appreciate you taking the time and coming back just to comment on the thread. Thanks as well for the haul I got from the junkyard. Right place at just the right time I guess. I’d rather be lucky than good any day!

Glad you’re enjoying seeing updates coming again, it feels great to be back at it for sure. I should have another one coming your guys’ way pretty quick here, so stay tuned!

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
What exhaust manifold paint is that? It has held up really well.

I agree, it’s actually held up remarkably well so far. I only wish it would’ve kept it’s color a little better in the center, but since they’re the hottest areas it’s to be expected I guess.
It was really only supposed to be a temporary coating as I’ve got a set of swap meet G body headers that will go on one day, but in the meantime it keeps things looking pretty good. I can’t stand rusty exhaust manifolds.

Gotta get the headers blasted and ceramic coated first, then reconfigure the existing pipes to match up to them when I get to that point. I’m thinking of going with a flat or low gloss black on the headers to keep them inconspicuous and not draw too much attention to them.

The paint is VHT’s high heat “cast iron”. I’ll try and post up a pic of it later if I remember.

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor