BUILD THREAD Project Olds Cool (Recognition!!)

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
How this thread makes me feel:

How-to-become-an-inspired-leader.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
Donovan, you never cease to amaze and impress. I wish I had a fraction of your skills when it comes to bodywork.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Fender looks killer D. I may need to come down for some apprenticeship. I have a whole car to practice on.

Thanks Duke.
Absolutely, feel free to drop by anytime. I don’t mind teaching or lending a hand one bit. But of course you already know that as I’ve offered many times before...
😉
Appreciate the compliment man, thank you.

I'm out of adjectives. I'll have to reuse "awe-inspiring".

Lol
Thanks so much. I don’t feel so bad then, because I’m running out of ways to thank everyone for the comments too!
Guess I’ll have to reuse one too, thank you, I appreciate the compliment.

Donovan, you never cease to amaze and impress. I wish I had a fraction of your skills when it comes to bodywork.

I appreciate it, thank you.
Keep practicing, and learn what you can from whomever you can. That’s the best advice I can give. That’s why forums like this can be invaluable. What you guys don’t see here are the many years prior when I screwed up plenty of stuff, trying different things. I’m not perfect and still mess up plenty, but it’s all part of the game.

D.

Reactions: 3 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Today’s update, as promised!

I got a good early start on the day, and after picking up some lacquer thinner to clean the gun with, I was ready to rock n roll.

It started off with a couple coats of epoxy, then the hour induction period just like yesterday. The epoxy laid down really nice...

B83AF04E-E1A7-449F-AC27-441F7F00AFEF.jpeg

B951DF1A-DDA3-431A-A798-4129AB66450C.jpeg

...then I mixed up a fresh batch of Cameo white, and slathered everything I could reach with 3 shiny wet coats.

C18D383E-300A-4266-B906-B32B81FEA755.jpeg

What a difference!! Nothing quite like fresh paint, but even better will be knowing that everything’s properly protected and it won’t all look so dingy and dirty under the hood anymore.

9B6C1732-2F51-4BD7-A918-EC07D7A33F93.jpeg

58171E83-C67F-4F32-854F-4B67B4A862B6.jpeg

AF550750-5A90-495D-8B9F-798CD1576606.jpeg

That’s all for now, I’ll have to let this cure for a day or two before I try to do anything too aggressive with it. It’ll probably get temporarily hung back on the car to keep it out of harm’s way, then I’ll have to decide where to focus my attention next.
It’ll probably be on the passenger’s side door jamb, as I’ll need to wait a week or two for Mike’s assistance in removing the door for repair and refinishing.

Thanks all, till next time.

D.

• Winner
Reactions: 14 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The fender looks real good in primer, making great progress on OldsCool.

Thanks Mike.
It feels like I’ve made really good progress on the car these past few days. I know it’s just a fender and only one panel at this point, but that’s how I’ve gotta approach it:
One panel at a time.
It’s too easy to get overwhelmed frustrated and unmotivated otherwise.

I know I’ve still got some serious work ahead of me yet, but I can start to see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel. Once I’ve got the doors done and behind me, the rest should be relative gravy.

Thanks for continuing to check back and follow along, it’s much appreciated.

D.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor