BUILD THREAD Project Olds Cool (Recognition!!)

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Yes, that was totally done on purpose Steve. You might want to go back and read the 3rd and 4th paragraphs where I alluded to the intended pun!
;)

another sign I'm just old and not old school when we read everything..:(

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Really enjoyed the first post. The car presented itself really well in the pictures. It didn't look nearly as bad as you described. When did you buy it Donovan? Summer of '15?

I went back and searched for my original post when I bought the car. You're right, it looks like it was at the end of May in '15.
Unreal how time flies...

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I'll be watching this one half halfheartedly Donovan, when I saw this car listed I was getting things in order to come out to look at it. The 78-80 Cutlass would be my first choice for my next Gbody. When I saw you post that you picked it up my heart sank, this was pretty much everything I wanted in the next car I picked up.

I think it's going to hurt me to watch this one but I'll try.

Jeez Kevin, I had no idea you had your heart set on this car and I interfered with your plans. Now I feel kinda bad about snatching it out from under you.
Hopefully if it's any consolation, I'm not cutting this one up in the manner of The Juggernaut, it's staying stock appearing and as unmolested as possible.
Nothing is ever set in stone, if you're still interested in the car, maybe we can talk...

• Friendly
Reactions: 2 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Jeez Kevin, I had no idea you had your heart set on this car and I interfered with your plans. Now I feel kinda bad about snatching it out from under you.
Hopefully if it's any consolation, I'm not cutting this one up in the manner of The Juggernaut, it's staying stock appearing and as unmolested as possible.
Nothing is ever set in stone, if you're still interested in the car, maybe we can talk...

Don't feel bad at all Donovan, as said you had no idea. It's in good hands.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Don't feel bad at all Donovan, as said you had no idea. It's in good hands.

Thanks for the kind words, I'm trying to do all I can to preserve and save this one. All the changes I've made to the car so far have only served to improve and make the car look, run and present better.
As said, if you change your mind and want it badly, we can talk.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
:popcorn::popcorn:

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Donovan,
You certainly scored a nice, clean well optioned example to begin with. Anything you do to it will be a big plus.
We'll be watching for further upgrades and improvements on OldsCool. :popcorn:

Man, that steering wheel would look like downtown in my wagon...;) right color, too.

Last edited:

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Donovan,
You certainly scored a nice, clean well optioned example to begin with. Anything you do to it will be a big plus.
We'll be watching for further upgrades and improvements on Oldscool. :popcorn:

Man, that steering wheel would look like downtown in my wagon...;) right color, too.

Thanks Jack!
No dice on the steering wheel tho, it's factory correct for the car and gonna stay with it!

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks Jack!
No dice on the steering wheel tho, it's factory correct for the car and gonna stay with it!
D,
I wasn't implying that you give it up...:) It looks right at home with that interior.
I wouldn't mind finding one like that in burgundy, like yours.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor