BUILD THREAD Project Olds Cool (Recognition!!)

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Don't know why but I have wire loom envy & I have yet to get my Moroso's " budget set put on. Yours are nice.

Thanks.
They’re nothing special really, just Taylor’s 2,3, and 4 hole separators. I just had to go back and buy the horizontal mounting brackets to support them.

I have a set of the same separators in blue already, but they looked out of place as they didn’t match squat in the engine bay. I also have a set of the blue Moroso ones, but they’re flimsy and kinda cheesy so I wasn’t about to use them either.

It took me twice as long to route and fit the wires on the passenger side because of the damn a/c box, that was immensely frustrating. I’m usually a pretty patient guy, but that tested even my limits.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reactions: 1 user

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Looks like you have those wires are well routed, good, they don't like heat. I had #1 wire crack twice from heat with those Superconducter wires on my 403. I went with Accel 8.8 25 ohm per foot red race wires, the nicest, most durable wires I have owned.

As with anything, it all depends on your individual situation. I’ve been a fan of MSD wires for about forever, I always buy the custom fit sets and build my own. Never once had a problem. But to each their own, use what works best for you.

I’ve had Accel wires in the past, worst junk I’ve ever spent money on. I vowed I’d never give that company another red cent again. But again, that was just my personal experience.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I’ve had Accel wires in the past, worst junk I’ve ever spent money on.
Mallory was the only wires I used for ages, even after they became part of Mr. Gasket. Wish Holley would geve them their glory back instead of lettig MSD keep them as a b*st*rd child that only allowed little part of market.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The tat isn't what I expected D. I was really hoping to see a rocket. Know what I mean

Yep, I got you Eric. I wanted something that expressed my love of cars and hot rodding in general, not just Oldsmobiles, and nothing says “hot rods” to me like some old school flames.

Once the color is done in the main licks, I’m having some really cool stuff done in the negative areas and it’ll look like the flames are over top. Iconic mechanical car and race parts that should look amazing. Something like what this guy had done:

F758D6C7-45DE-4107-B462-3A2F4E631108.jpeg

Oldsmobile specific art might still yet make its way into the mix too, I’m not ruling anything out!
😉

Reactions: 3 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Yep, I got you Eric. I wanted something that expressed my love of cars and hot rodding in general, not just Oldsmobiles, and nothing says “hot rods” to me like some old school flames.

Once the color is done in the main licks, I’m having some really cool stuff done in the negative areas and it’ll look like the flames are over top. Iconic mechanical car and race parts that should look amazing. Something like what this guy had done:

View attachment 110507

Oldsmobile specific art might still yet make its way into the mix too, I’m not ruling anything out!
😉
I often thought about the 🚀 leaving posi marks

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
No beer gut! Too busy burning calories while breathing filtered polyester dust and VOCs for them to accumulate!

Oh, so you DO know me!!!
🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Question out of nowhere, Donovan. What do you do to remove 1980 GM lacquer that is all checked and crappy? I have heard that sanding this stuff is like sanding rubber cement. I need to do the whole roof, which is a challenge for aircraft stripper, washing it off, it goes everywhere.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor