BUILD THREAD Project Olds Cool (Recognition!!)

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Is it just me, or is this thing dangerously close to being finished? Once the Astroroof and headliner are back in, what's left? Final paint?

Unfortunately, no.
Not yet anyways. I didn’t get nearly as much done over the winter as I had wanted/planned, so there’s still a few panels that need addressing.

Header panel, hood, driver’s door and fender. Inside the driver’s door jamb. Then blow what little’s been assembled apart and start final block sanding.

That’s where this additional time spent up front should pay off. Having everything primed, blocked and reprimed once already should have the final block sanding and paint prep go smoothly and quickly.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 6 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Alright, as Donovan's unofficial PR guy I'm in charge of helping out when needed. Rktpwrd was having issues getting into his YouTube account, so he enlisted my help to get some video's up on the thread.
He fired up Olds Cool and parked it outside to knock the dust off as well as free up some space to work on the AstroRoof assembly. Man ole man, the bodywork on this car just looks so precise. Here is a video he sent me titled "Potato Potato Potato."

With Olds Cool parked outside he was able to work on assembling the AstroRoof and was able to give it some juice to test the operation. Nothing would suck more than getting that behemoth back into the car to discover wiring issues! I gotta give it to him, that thing works pretty swell. Here is the video of it in operation.
Enough from me, Donovan will update more later.....I was told he was off to retrieve some potentially badass parts!!!!!

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Alright, as Donovan's unofficial PR guy I'm in charge of helping out when needed. Rktpwrd was having issues getting into his YouTube account, so he enlisted my help to get some video's up on the thread.
He fired up Olds Cool and parked it outside to knock the dust off as well as free up some space to work on the AstroRoof assembly. Man ole man, the bodywork on this car just looks so precise. Here is a video he sent me titled "Potato Potato Potato."

With Olds Cool parked outside he was able to work on assembling the AstroRoof and was able to give it some juice to test the operation. Nothing would suck more than getting that behemoth back into the car to discover wiring issues! I gotta give it to him, that thing works pretty swell. Here is the video of it in operation.
Enough from me, Donovan will update more later.....I was told he was off to retrieve some potentially badass parts!!!!!

Thanks so much Scott, I really appreciate the help! Nothing like a fellow car guy and G body fan to help you out when it’s needed! You’re a top notch friend brother!

As Scott alluded to, with all the components now restored, today I assembled the last of them. Anubis requested a video of it in operation once it was complete, so there ya go, that one was for you.

The video of Olds Cool idling was just for fun, I know some guys may have been curious about how it sounds, and if it even ran!
Lol

I’ll do another update tomorrow evening, should have some good progress to report on as well as some momentum on the door handles finally.

Stay tuned.

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Thanks so much Scott, I really appreciate the help! Nothing like a fellow car guy and G body fan to help you out when it’s needed! You’re a top notch friend brother!

As Scott alluded to, with all the components now restored, today I assembled the last of them. Anubis requested a video of it in operation once it was complete, so there ya go, that one was for you.

The video of Olds Cool idling was just for fun, I know some guys may have been curious about how it sounds, and if it even ran!
Lol

I’ll do another update tomorrow evening, should have some good progress to report on as well as some momentum on the door handles finally.

Stay tuned.

Lots of free time now that the Flames are golfing, eh?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Lots of free time now that the Flames are golfing, eh?

Don’t even get me started on the subject of “hackey”. I’m not a fan. Playing a silly game on a frozen pond still in the middle of spring/into summer is ridiculous. Not to mention the obscene amount of money these grown men get to play a game that contributes absolutely zero to productive society.

Not sad to see them outta the playoffs here one bit. Don’t let the door hit them on the *ss on the way out.

Rant over.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Wow, Donovan, I thought I was the only one. I only make fun of Leaf's fans, a long running joke that never changes. The only "sport" I follow is Pro Wrestling and I hate WWE, have never liked the New York style. Impact is a lost cause but MLW and the return of the NWA, good stuff. Crazy the amount of work just in that roof. Make sure you use the sh*t out of it.

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
That engine in the Cutlass sounds great, real lumpy.

And that Astro Roof looks like it'll take your fingers off if your not careful, Yikes!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor