BUILD THREAD Project Olds Cool (Recognition!!)

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Crazy to think fun car season is winding down. Feels like it just started!

Sometimes happy accidents happen and you were in the right place at the right time :)

Yay juggernaut updates :)

Completely agree! On the one hand it feels like it was a total fluke that it happened that way, but on the other it kinda feels like some kind of divine intervention from the car gods.
Lol

I know a lot of you guys are looking forward to regular Juggernaut updates, and I’m looking forward to being able to provide them just as much!

Holy sheetz.
Unbelievable almost. Sounds like you’re a Pontiac guy for the next week or two!!!

Could well be Jim! Luckily I have a little familiarity with ‘57 GM cars with being involved with my buddy Mike’s ‘57 2dr post. Granted not much of his is stock anymore, whereas the Pontiac is more of a stock restoration, but the experience will all still help.

Great streak of luck D! CAN NOT WAIT FOR JUGGERNAUT UPDATES!!! Hey man check your messages, I sent you a few for your opinion/ guidance. Nice smoke show.

Thanks brother! Sorry I guess I didn’t respond to your PM, I really thought I had. I may have read it and thought I did without actually, I’ve done that before. Lol

I’ll hit ya back on there in a bit.

First, Juggernaut
Excited Pumped Up GIF by NBA

Second that 57 Pontiac is really my cup of tea, looks like she will be pretty nice in my book

Oh it’s quite nice Mike, don’t get me wrong. It’s not quite done to my standards necessarily, but it’s nice and very complete in it’s own right. It could use a new set of floors soon as they’re getting a little soft, but still. You don’t see too many ‘57 Pontiac’s around anymore.

Maybe the old dude wants to see Juggernaut done before he meets the maker?

Lol
Possible, but doubtful. He’s more of a “stock, restored sedan” type of guy as opposed to the “let’s see how far we can take it to the extreme” Juggernaut kinda guy.
😅

Great news Donovan, glad to see you've got a place to keep oldscool that is close and safe. Really good that you get to help the old guy out as well and take that stress off of him. Really looking forward to the Juggernaut updates!

Thanks Josh, I’m stoked to get back on my old car after these past 5 years of restoration on Olds Cool. Yeah it feels good to be able to help him out without any expectation of compensation, but at the same time it feels a little bittersweet. More so feeling bad for him. It must be an incredibly hard pill to swallow knowing that you gotta get rid of all your beloved old cars because you’re not in good enough health to work on them anymore.

I know that time will come for me and probably all of us at some point, but I just absolutely dread the thought.

Reactions: 12 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Throwing more fuel on the “I can’t see it because I’m not on Instagram” fire, was surprised to come across this on my feed today. Another angle/video of the now infamous burnout, just to further dispel the belief that I’d never drive or enjoy the car once it was done.

Let the sarcasm and back pedalling begin…

Reactions: 6 users

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
Same burnout from a different angle looks just as good!
And, no, I don't have an IG account LOL

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Throwing more fuel on the “I can’t see it because I’m not on Instagram” fire, was surprised to come across this on my feed today. Another angle/video of the now infamous burnout, just to further dispel the belief that I’d never drive or enjoy the car once it was done.

Let the sarcasm and back pedalling begin…
Yup, that video was definitely doctored. I wonder if they used the same guy that did the Moon landing.......

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Spent a couple hours on the ole girl tonight, dusted her off, cleaned the windows, checked the oil and tires, replaced a couple of the under hood and unleaded fuel decals that were getting a little tattered. Gave her a once-over with Mother’s detailing spray, replaced the loose cigarette lighter housing in the dash, and just generally puttered a bit.

7A5610A8-4370-4547-8A64-941D726DF83A.jpeg

All in preparation for the last big car show of the season tomorrow, out of the city in the nearby town of High River. This is usually a big and quite scenic show with close to a couple thousand cars. Really looking forward to it, it hasn’t gone in 2 years thanks to the coof.

We’ll be heading out bright and early before the crack of dawn in order to get a decent spot. I plan on meeting up with ranllett down there and his beautiful Malibu and my buddy Mike from our garage days is gonna ride down on his Harley as well. The weather is supposed to be sunny and warm, it should be a great day.

After this, she’ll spend her last couple days in The Skunkworks for the year, then when the neighbors ‘57 Pontiac leaves she’ll move across the alley to her new wintertime temporary home.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 18 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Enjoy the show!

Still looks great. It's still quite amazing when you see it now, and then compare it to when you first started. Seems like a lifetime.

But just for fun now that it's quote-unquote, done...in a parallel universe, if you were forced to sell it, what asking price would you give it?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
Enjoy the show!

Still looks great. It's still quite amazing when you see it now, and then compare it to when you first started. Seems like a lifetime.

But just for fun now that it's quote-unquote, done...in a parallel universe, if you were forced to sell it, what asking price would you give it?
My guess?
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF
money dollar GIF

• Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 6 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor