BUILD THREAD Project Olds Cool (Recognition!!)

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Quinn asked me something similar when I was finishing up the prep work and about to paint it, and I jokingly threw out the number “30K”, $10K for each of the 3 years of my life I put into restoring the body on it.

Sounded reasonable to me at the time.

But in all honesty, it’d be for sale at the right price. I certainly wouldn’t sneeze at $20k, and who knows, anything above $12-15 would probably have me thinking seriously on it.
Only because I’ve got my eye on a badass tubbed ‘67 Acadian project mostly finished on Kijiji. It’s one of my bucket list cars, so I’d be all over that like a fat kid on a Smartie.

Reactions: 6 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The show today was absolutely spectacular. Met and spoke with so many nice people today, and reconnected with others I haven’t seen in years.

We managed to snag an excellent spot, good exposure and it paid off in spades. I got more compliments and flattering comments on the car today than at any other time since completing it. It seemed EVERYBODY wanted to ask and talk about the car, I even had one guy that was entirely enamoured with it. He crawled all over the whole thing, noting all the brushed trim, the wheels, the paint, the colors. He absolutely loved everything about it.

Totally made my entire day.

58CE0362-1488-4EAD-A3AB-481751E8DE5D.jpeg

7133F940-DD05-489B-A22C-5A72A4182376.jpeg

1CC85E65-B6D5-4E61-BB84-FDEDA95F76BB.jpeg

There were cars literally everywhere, crammed in every available nook and cranny. Had to be at least 2000 throughout the town.

I snapped a few pictures of the ones that really turned my crank, as well as some for the benefit of a couple guys here:

A gorgeous 6 figure professionally built ‘56 Chevy truck…

0C6E26EB-22E6-4D13-95F9-97879A6A63D2.jpeg

…with an amazing LS swap job. Took these pics knowing Injectedcutty would probably cream himself over it!

1C89B6B3-2AFB-4166-B761-C6A79DBABC56.jpeg

Loved this Cougar painted in the brilliant metallic green that comes on the newer Camaros. This color just suits older hotrods and musclecars perfectly.

F931AD24-6D55-43EF-B1EA-D56F9627475D.jpeg

This one’s for motorheadmike, the evil twin to his wife’s Lady Mullet Camaro:

30F4A33A-2263-4836-9112-4364D8ED5631.jpeg

Loved the old school 1930’s gangster vibe this one gave off:

E772089E-9E47-4741-B3DA-3BEC6FE359CF.jpeg

‘47 Olds. I could turn this thing into such a badass hotrod.

9E6D5839-5D3D-425F-8A87-1FFA56869ACB.jpeg

ranllett here is a very quiet member, we hardly ever hear or see anything from him, but his time capsule Malibu is nothing short of stunning. Been garage kept and in his family the whole time, and passed down from his father to him. Because he doesn’t post many pictures of it, I figured it was high time I did for him:

CB822F83-7351-4C2B-8CA3-758B64A765F6.jpeg

F9F6CF17-D098-4A70-A475-A8A2780ADC2F.jpeg

BEF27298-025E-4AEA-9C63-AC151E201C98.jpeg

5359A19F-5F09-4690-8CD6-A23776653B10.jpeg

84CCBEAF-B922-4901-BA9B-AC01D37CFAF0.jpeg

3E40D1F9-AAC3-44DE-8711-09F172D95BFD.jpeg

I had to get a picture of this one too, it’s exactly what I’m helping my neighbor reassemble currently. It’s even in the same color scheme. 1957 Pontiac Pathfinder Deluxe.

C3C1182F-9882-4F1B-B57D-76268DC5BD87.jpeg

Also came across this pair of Turbo T’s hanging out together in the park:

9DDBF958-36EF-40AB-97E7-607A681093B4.jpeg

And finally, one of my personal holy grail/bucket list cars, 1968 442 convertible.
🤤 🤤🤤

D7A46559-BE6A-4CB8-A4D1-34BDFD0AAE80.jpeg

This was just a tiny cross section of what was there, there was no possible way you could see them all. Hopefully you enjoyed these pics as much as I enjoyed being there.

D.

• Winner
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

ranllett

Apprentice
Dec 29, 2013
Calgary Alberta Canada
The show today was absolutely spectacular. Met and spoke with so many nice people today, and reconnected with others I haven’t seen in years.

We managed to snag an excellent spot, good exposure and it paid off in spades. I got more compliments and flattering comments on the car today than at any other time since completing it. It seemed EVERYBODY wanted to ask and talk about the car, I even had one guy that was entirely enamoured with it. He crawled all over the whole thing, noting all the brushed trim, the wheels, the paint, the colors. He absolutely loved everything about it.

Totally made my entire day.

View attachment 184467

View attachment 184465

View attachment 184466

There were cars literally everywhere, crammed in every available nook and cranny. Had to be at least 2000 throughout the town.

I snapped a few pictures of the ones that really turned my crank, as well as some for the benefit of a couple guys here:

A gorgeous 6 figure professionally built ‘56 Chevy truck…

View attachment 184469

…with an amazing LS swap job. Took these pics knowing Injectedcutty would probably cream himself over it!

View attachment 184468

Loved this Cougar painted in the brilliant metallic green that comes on the newer Camaros. This color just suits older hotrods and musclecars perfectly.

View attachment 184470

This one’s for motorheadmike, the evil twin to his wife’s Lady Mullet Camaro:

View attachment 184471

Loved the old school 1930’s gangster vibe this one gave off:

View attachment 184472

‘47 Olds. I could turn this thing into such a badass hotrod.

View attachment 184473

ranllett here is a very quiet member, we hardly ever hear or see anything from him, but his time capsule Malibu is nothing short of stunning. Been garage kept and in his family the whole time, and passed down from his father to him. Because he doesn’t post many pictures of it, I figured it was high time I did for him:

View attachment 184474

View attachment 184475

View attachment 184476

View attachment 184477

View attachment 184478

View attachment 184481

I had to get a picture of this one too, it’s exactly what I’m helping my neighbor reassemble currently. It’s even in the same color scheme. 1957 Pontiac Pathfinder Deluxe.

View attachment 184479

Also came across this pair of Turbo T’s hanging out together in the park:

View attachment 184480

And finally, one of my personal holy grail/bucket list cars, 1968 442 convertible.
🤤 🤤🤤

View attachment 184482

This was just a tiny cross section of what was there, there was no possible way you could see them all. Hopefully you enjoyed these pics as much as I enjoyed being there.

D.
Great day in Southern Alberta today. Great cars and great company. Thanks to RKTPWRD for the shout out, the car talk and the pictures. Always enjoy meeting form members in person.
Randy in Calgary

Reactions: 11 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
D, my man,
Thanks for sharing the pics of the show. Looks like a great day and nice turnout of sweet rides. Gotta hand it to you on the brushed look on your bumpers and trim. Very subtle. The car looks great overall. I'm glad you and Randy got to meet....cool!

Reactions: 6 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Great day in Southern Alberta today. Great cars and great company. Thanks to RKTPWRD for the shout out, the car talk and the pictures. Always enjoy meeting form members in person.
Randy in Calgary
Your car looks great, Randy,
Very clean ride. I've never seen close up pics of it. I like the color as well. I know it's a factory color. I had a set of those Camaro wheels on my car once. I like that you you painted them body color to match. I've seen that done on a few cars. Mine were left silver. In fact, I still have them stacked up in my garage.
Those wheels look good with the Blazer center caps that were offered on S-10 Blazers. They're hard to find, though.

Reactions: 2 users

ranllett

Apprentice
Dec 29, 2013
Calgary Alberta Canada
Your car looks great, Randy,
Very clean ride. I've never seen close up pics of it. I like the color as well. I know it's a factory color. I had a set of those Camaro wheels on my car once. I like that you you painted them body color to match. I've seen that done on a few cars. Mine were left silver. In fact, I still have them stacked up in my garage.
Those wheels look good with the Blazer center caps that were offered on S-10 Blazers. They're hard to find, though.
Hey Jack,
Thank you for the kind words. The car is a total survivor so I didn't want to modify to much. I figured the Camaro wheels, color matched, would let some guys think they were '78 options. The emblems on the center caps are matched to the Camaro horn button emblem. I'm a little crazy that way, thing have to match. It also has the F41 bracing so it handles well. It was great see Donovan's Olds in person. Pictures don't do it justice.

Reactions: 5 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hey Jack,
Thank you for the kind words. The car is a total survivor so I didn't want to modify to much. I figured the Camaro wheels, color matched, would let some guys think they were '78 options. The emblems on the center caps are matched to the Camaro horn button emblem. I'm a little crazy that way, thing have to match. It also has the F41 bracing so it handles well. It was great see Donovan's Olds in person. Pictures don't do it justice.
Randy,
It's nice to be able to own an actual survivor. You really keep it nice, too. I like that you're keeping it on a stock theme. My car is a little beyond stock looking. I guess with the cowl hood, SS airdam, narrowed bumpers, etc. The steel wheels and dog dish caps do tone it down somewhat. I also have a full set of G-body braces...and yes, they make a world of difference in handling and stability.

Again, I'm glad you and Mr. Donovan got the opportunity to meet and shoot the breeze. You couldn't have picked a better venue.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
D, my man,
Thanks for sharing the pics of the show. Looks like a great day and nice turnout of sweet rides. Gotta hand it to you on the brushed look on your bumpers and trim. Very subtle. The car looks great overall. I'm glad you and Randy got to meet....cool!

Thanks Jack! It was an all around amazing day. And thank you for the compliments on the car, much obliged. Randy and I have met before, but he’s such a nice guy it’s always a pleasure reconnecting with him.

It was great see Donovan's Olds in person. Pictures don't do it justice.

Thank you for the compliment Randy, I really appreciate it!!

Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I'm not a LS fan boy but holy sh*t is that twin inlet carbon fiber intake is very cool. Some nice cars, including Randy's mint Malibu, thanks for showing this.

Reactions: 4 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Had to get caught back up on the thread, long stories that no one really wants to hear….

Glad that Olds cool is finally doing what you built it to do, cruise and have fun with it!

Seems winter storage was meant to be, nice to see car guys looking out for each other, no matter the platform! Love that old poncho btw!😎

Reactions: 5 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor