BUILD THREAD Project Olds Cool (Recognition!!)

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Just caught up on your thread, awesome as always. Now get on the Juggernaut so we can see some more great work!

Thanks! And…

96403FC2-7988-428C-826F-4E552129EFEC.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

wpgjetfan

n00b
Mar 8, 2022
Spent a couple hours on the ole girl tonight, dusted her off, cleaned the windows, checked the oil and tires, replaced a couple of the under hood and unleaded fuel decals that were getting a little tattered. Gave her a once-over with Mother’s detailing spray, replaced the loose cigarette lighter housing in the dash, and just generally puttered a bit.

View attachment 184435

All in preparation for the last big car show of the season tomorrow, out of the city in the nearby town of High River. This is usually a big and quite scenic show with close to a couple thousand cars. Really looking forward to it, it hasn’t gone in 2 years thanks to the coof.

We’ll be heading out bright and early before the crack of dawn in order to get a decent spot. I plan on meeting up with ranllett down there and his beautiful Malibu and my buddy Mike from our garage days is gonna ride down on his Harley as well. The weather is supposed to be sunny and warm, it should be a great day.

After this, she’ll spend her last couple days in The Skunkworks for the year, then when the neighbors ‘57 Pontiac leaves she’ll move across the alley to her new wintertime temporary home.
Car looks great. Wish my 80 was even on the same field... pretty rough but I did want to order a new windshield washer fluid tank and you had the number in these thousands of comments and pics (yes, did go through it all)... do you happen to have that number handy! Go Jets Go

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Car looks great. Wish my 80 was even on the same field... pretty rough but I did want to order a new windshield washer fluid tank and you had the number in these thousands of comments and pics (yes, did go through it all)... do you happen to have that number handy! Go Jets Go
69hurstolds , can you help him with a part number for 80 Cutlass windshield washer fluid tank?

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Thank you! I don’t believe I ever had or posted the part number for that tho, because mine is still original. I just removed and cleaned up both the windshield washer and radiator overflow tanks and reused them. They’re both still original to the car. I prefer to use original GM parts whenever I can, nothing in the aftermarket ever matches the fit and quality.

69hurstolds , can you help him with a part number for 80 Cutlass windshield washer fluid tank?

Thanks Jared, I was going to do the same thing and tag him too. Hopefully Mike can help out here, he’s the master at OE part numbers.

• Agree

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006

Fits 78-80 Cutlass A-body ALL, and 81 A-body 4-door. Plus I think it fits others as well.

Still available from GM. $42.46 retail MSRP. GMpartsdirect price is $23.03

I'm sure he can call the local GM parts dealer and get one. Call Wolfe, Jack Carter, or Capital.

If not, there's some on ebay but shipping across the border might be pricey.

• Winner

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
oh what a tease , I missed the 2021 on top .

Sorry to disappoint Dave, but spring around here is still a couple weeks out. I don’t have much left to do to Olds Cool, just a few small things. But I’ll post up on them when the time comes.

Reactions: 5 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Still available from GM. $42.46 retail MSRP. GMpartsdirect price is $23.03

I'm sure he can call the local GM parts dealer and get one. Call Wolfe, Jack Carter, or Capital.

If not, there's some on ebay but shipping across the border might be pricey.

Johnny on the spot as usual Mike, thank you!

• Agree

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Johnny on the spot as usual Mike, thank you!
Oh, snap. Sorry, I thought YOU were wanting a new tank. My bad. I rattled off local Calgary dealerships where they might have one. But if you do need one, they're still available it seems. At least for a bit. Get 'em before they're gone!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor