BUILD THREAD Project Olds Cool (Recognition!!)

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
Damn, they did a good job on that seat. Looks great! Is there a way to fix the holes in the driver side of the radio/HVAC surround so it too looks as good as the rest of your badassery?

This car is just awesome.

Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Better buy an extra set of rear tires while you are at it. ;)

Already got that covered, at least for now Mike. When I got the rear tires for the car, they were lightly used from a guy that was running them on his ‘68 Camaro. He was running the same size all the way ‘round, so I bought all 4. Two to run on the back immediately and the other 2 to replace them with once they are toast.
The spare 2 are currently up in the tire storage rack just patiently waiting to be pressed into duty.

I’m running slightly staggered sizes, so the fronts are a different size.

Sir, you didn't build a car, you built a rolling mirror :D

Thank you! I consider this to be one of the highest compliments anybody has ever given me and the car. Very much appreciated man!

Don't pull on that GoPro mount too hard- you would probably pull out a bump on the sail panel before you pulled it off!

Good to know, and exactly what I was hoping for. I really hate the thought of losing a camera due to it falling off because of a crappy mount.

Damn, they did a good job on that seat. Looks great! Is there a way to fix the holes in the driver side of the radio/HVAC surround so it too looks as good as the rest of your badassery?

This car is just awesome.

Thanks man, I really appreciate the kind words!

Yes there’s a way to fix the cracked and damaged radio surround area, it’s called “just replace the whole damn dash with the mint ‘85 442 one in the correct color that’s sitting in storage in the basement”.
LOL

However at this point it’s all about motivation (or lack there of) and reward vs energy expended to achieve it. I’m sure I will end up swapping it out at some point, but I’m thinking at the beginning of the car season might not be the best time. Especially since it doesn’t really bother me that much right now.

Reactions: 7 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
My wife bought a GoPro for my kid - it made 3 vids and crapped out and GoPro wouldn't warranty it - been done with them since. But I agree whole heartedly that their mounting systems are 10 times better than the chinesium junk. I have 2 budget camera's that have equivalent quality to the GoPro's that fit in the GoPro mounts. And they work under water as well.

Every time I catchup on this thread there are 3 pages of pics and comments.

As said many times previously D, the paint on this car is a work of art - LOVE it. And I know the feeling and need for extra tires lol.

Attachments

• IMG-3735.jpg
    IMG-3735.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 95
Reactions: 6 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
You know your car is ALMOST done (it's never done done), when you start to have to worry about little cosmetic things like seat bolster vinyl cracks, or tiny niblet holes in the dash pad, or tire sizes...

Everything from this point on should be just the detail cheez whiz. It's when you start worrying about things like valve stem cap colors matching or whether a hose clamp ear should be facing one direction or the other...then you've arrived.

Reactions: 7 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Already got that covered, at least for now Mike. When I got the rear tires for the car, they were lightly used from a guy that was running them on his ‘68 Camaro. He was running the same size all the way ‘round, so I bought all 4. Two to run on the back immediately and the other 2 to replace them with once they are toast.
The spare 2 are currently up in the tire storage rack just patiently waiting to be pressed into duty.

I’m running slightly staggered sizes, so the fronts are a different size.

Thank you! I consider this to be one of the highest compliments anybody has ever given me and the car. Very much appreciated man!

Good to know, and exactly what I was hoping for. I really hate the thought of losing a camera due to it falling off because of a crappy mount.

Thanks man, I really appreciate the kind words!

Yes there’s a way to fix the cracked and damaged radio surround area, it’s called “just replace the whole damn dash with the mint ‘85 442 one in the correct color that’s sitting in storage in the basement”.
LOL

However at this point it’s all about motivation (or lack there of) and reward vs energy expended to achieve it. I’m sure I will end up swapping it out at some point, but I’m thinking at the beginning of the car season might not be the best time. Especially since it doesn’t really bother me that much right now.
Smart man. I decided to swap to buckets a few weeks ago, and sold my bench seat. You know where I’m at right now.

Reactions: 3 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
You know your car is ALMOST done (it's never done done), when you start to have to worry about little cosmetic things like seat bolster vinyl cracks, or tiny niblet holes in the dash pad, or tire sizes...

Everything from this point on should be just the detail cheez whiz. It's when you start worrying about things like valve stem cap colors matching or whether a hose clamp ear should be facing one direction or the other...then you've arrived.

It's only almost done if the body doesn't come off the frame.

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Straight road trippin on holidays!

82956370-E71F-497F-B56B-8EBF2527DB40.jpeg

34C92EA0-42B6-4B98-9031-A3AC7B963EF5.jpeg

A639E651-8E62-4F61-AB75-510C3F89403B.jpeg

5459ABFC-CDD3-4EDE-B3A1-0777988C8756.jpeg

image.jpg

• Winner
  • Informative
Reactions: 21 users

Z48LT1

Greasemonkey
Oct 10, 2015
Space Coast, Florida
Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
D,
You deserve to kickback with a fria cerveza. Job well done, my friend. :friday:Cheers! The car looks awesome.

• Agree
Reactions: 8 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor